PF 330 brake discs - options?!

leeboy

Paid Member
So the time has come to fit some new front discs to the car, currently have the performance friction 330 kit on the car which is absolutely faultless! Trouble is, new discs are around £550 from ktec! Which is an stupid amount of money for just two discs!
Apparently the Cazan discs don't fit the PF bells that I have which also means I'd have to buy a complete brake kit, which seems abit of a crazy thing to do when I only need rotors.
Does anyone know where I'm able to get hold of the rotors that will fit the PF kit without having to pay through the nose for them?

Man thanks

Nope.

I spoke with hi-spec and they wanted £310 + vat to mock up and make PF replacements, that's with you taking them the disc.

So unless you can get some second hand ones, that literally will be your cheapest option if you want to stay 330mm.

Still 400 notes but a little saving over Ktec.

Sounds like I'm better off getting the Cazan kit then aren't I? Then next time I need discs it's only half the price again? What ever I do, it's not going to be a cheap way to do it.

Not sure what's happening to Cazan but his kit is about 500quid from memory?

That's why I got them and not PF again, cheap rotors in the future.

They stop equally as good as the PF as well. I put ds1.11 pads in and can be a little noisy but it's like strapping anchors to the back of my car.

DT told me there weren't the same as the ktec ones...unless you know different?

Looks like the only way to do it is reyland Motorsport directly then. I will give DT a ring on Tuesday to see what the score is with them fitting the bells! Has anyone fitted the 343 kit to a clio yet? Don't see why you'd need to as the 330 is awesome anyway!

Have you tried the ap racing website, I don't know what the price is but they have rotors in all different shapes and sizes.

With AP you have to go through a distributor such as DT. I'm sure AP and PF are linked somewhere as the kits look identical and both only sell to you via a distributor.
I'll probably end up going Reyland as the rotors will be cheaper next time around as I'm planning on keeping the car a while, just need to get a set of pads sorted - currently running CL RC6, which are amazingly good and stop you like you've hit a brick wall, but the mess they make of wheels and chew discs isn't fun!

Does anyone know if the replacement rotors fit the PF bells or not? I can't see them being that much different can they? Obviously I'd imagine that Reyland will say that they won't fit, but has anyone actually tried them on the bells yet? Or does anyone have a good picture of a Reyland bell so I can compare to the PF version? Tempted to take the punt on it!

iirc PF and AP have different bolt spacing. And as the Reyland are meant to be the same bolt spacing as AP - I would say they won't interchange with PF bells.

I don't understand why the PF discs are so overpriced compared to others. Looks like I will be going the Reyland route then! Anyone know who is currently doing the best price on a set of DS2500, or I could get pagid pads at cost through work, if anybody as any experience with pagid rs pads?

DT told me there weren't the same as the ktec ones...unless you know different?

Hmm I wasn't aware of that tbh. PF brand and the rotor size we use so I thought they were the same? Has DT told you that those rotors are not compatible with our kit then?

Yeah. I called them last year and asks specifically about it. Doesn't mean the guy I spoke to was right though...

I wonder if KTEC have their own bell offset or something to make it slightly different from OEM PF.

@rougue Hi spec are in Dartford aren't they? I've got tomorrow and Wednesday off work so might see if they can sort it out for me.

I take it that it was £310 for a pair plus the Vat mate? Debating wether to go and get a pair made it just get the Reyland kit

Hello Peter,

The rotors will be £130 each with a design fee of £50 (total £310 + VAT)

There would also be an hours labour to take the disc off the vehicle, remove the bell and then re-assemble everything. This will be £50 + VAT

The actual measuring of the rotor is included in the design fee, so if you were to bring the rotor to us separated then there would not be any labour charge.

Kind Regards

Alex McShane

Sales Department

Hi Spec Motorsport Ltd

Awesome!

I shall give them a call tomorrow, hoping that they will be able to do it all in a day. Shouldn't take too much to design a disc which they probably already have on file somewhere! Also will be cheaper for the future too....which could also help others running the PF kit and needing new rotors, without spending the excess!!