330mm brake help

Hello guys I'm new on here and you can guess I've just bought a clio 197, as just like must guys with new toys I've been looking at all the different things I can buy and do to my little toy. I bought these of eBay last week and they turned up today and the offset seem a lot different to standard can anyone throw some light on these and tell me what I need to make these fit, they are Renault sport discs 330mm

image.jpg

You'll need spacers for the calipers due to the bigger diameter, but are you saying the offset is wrong as in the bells are wrong? Have you got a link to the ebay listing? If they're selling them as Renault fitment then what Renault are they claiming they fit?

The guy said they came off a r3 rally clams they should fit but from just looking they seem to be well off, I know it seems lazy but just wanted to see if anyone has seen Renault sport discs like this before used on a clio cup 197

I was thinking I would just need the k tec spacer and bolts to make these work without getting the car on the ramp and taking everything off I won't know, if anyone can give me any information before I do so please speak up, :smile:

the guy said they came off a r3 rally clams they should fit but from just looking they seem to be well off, i know it seems lazy but just wanted to see if anyone has seen renault sport discs like this before used on a clio cup 197

do not buy these they will not fit!!!!!!

Edit. Did u get them off Thompson or someone similar...?

OK the easiest way for u to tell is measure the offset against your origin disc which I *think* is about 60somehing mm. If your 330mm discs are only 40something mm they won't fit.

Alternatively, take your wheel off and try line the new disc up where the old one is and see if it sits in the same place on the caliper.

The r3 runs a different hub so that's why the offsets are different.

Don't let this guy fob u off, I returned a set back to him last week...!!

Cheers mate these will be going straight back to him think you are 100% right they are too shallow compared to the original 197 discs

Cheers mate these will be going straight back to him think you are 100% right they are too shallow compared to the original 197 discs

He's trying to mug people off. Try get your postage back as well saying he had a set of performance friction discs returned to him last week and he knows the discs he's selling don't fit so he shouldn't be selling them!

It's already been said but just on looks alone they look way to shallow for a Clio fitment

Gutted for you mate as the 330mm setup is a great upgrade

Thanks for your help rouge-197 I should off done this before buying them stupid me,

I did the same thing. You assume they'll fit because he's selling them as 197 replacements!

I wouldn't mind, but I spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he seems to know what he's talking about so he should know if they fit or not.

He's just a messer.

Need to go direct to renaultsport in france for the right hubs if you pm me i can send you the right part number . you will also need to reshim your bembros.