performance

Recently released are the results of a comprehensive test on modifying the k4r clio engine. Unusually when management visited for an update on progress they found staff proceeding to stuff £20 notes down the office sink, here I have a picture:

money_drain_1803331c.jpg

Supposedly they felt they were making more progress with the sink!

:smiley:

And what remap, air liner k&n

No mate, no and no. Just being honest here. As I mentioned, only one way for real gains, Forced Induction, 2 routes, turbocharger (megane engine) supercharger (existing engine).

Recently released are the results of a comprehensive test on modifying the k4r clio engine. Unusually when management visited for an update on progress they found staff proceeding to stuff £20 notes down the office sink, here I have a picture:

money_drain_1803331c.jpg

Supposedly they felt they were making more progress with the sink!

:smiley:

LOL here!!

If you want a bit of sound to add to the enjoyment then by an akra and get a remap, then upgrade the brakes with the left over

just strip out unwanted interior trim by far cheaper and easier then any engine mod :blink:

The induction kit is for the extra induction noise, don't expect miracles really, 1-2 bhp at the most and still this is debatable. The mapping is for drivability and not for ''real'' gains. If you desperately need to spend money on the engine to gain some bhp then I suppose you have to go down the cam route. Have a look here;

http://www.k-tecracing.com/power_upgrades_package_details.asp?id=6

This is what me and loads of people here in the forum went for. True and decent 15-20bhp gains.

For me the clio comes pretty dam perfect as it is. Great fun to drive and amazing in the twistys. Plus can just get it out on the track for a blast.

Ofcourse upgrded tyres/brakes is always even more of an advantage.

I personally couldnt care if someone in a VXR/Focus RS (for example) said about their car being faster in a straight line, when it matters is on the track and thats where the clio does a dam good job.

Recently at How Fast i believe some of our guys were lapping faster than a TTRS (4WD and mid 300 bhp?) - not to mention the considerably higher price tag...

If its straight line speed and horses your after, the clio isnt really the answer unless your willing to spend alot of money. But if its smiles per miles then the clio is DEF the answer.

I got 7bhp from the Ktec Kit along with a tweak of the map that was already in place

Car with Akrapovic = 197bhp
Car with Akrapovic + Live Map = 207bhp
car with Akrapovic x + KTEC Induction Kit + Live Map (tweak for Induction Kit) = 214bhp

All on standard cams too

Although i was told that i had a strong engine to start with

For me the clio comes pretty dam perfect as it is. Great fun to drive and amazing in the twistys. Plus can just get it out on the track for a blast.

Ofcourse upgrded tyres/brakes is always even more of an advantage.

I personally couldnt care if someone in a VXR/Focus RS (for example) said about their car being faster in a straight line, when it matters is on the track and thats where the clio does a dam good job.

Recently at How Fast i believe some of our guys were lapping faster than a TTRS (4WD and mid 300 bhp?) - not to mention the considerably higher price tag...

If its straight line speed and horses your after, the clio isnt really the answer unless your willing to spend alot of money. But if its smiles per miles then the clio is DEF the answer.

NAIL
HIT
HEAD

2ngsqar.jpg