Panoramic roof leak

jono_197

Paid Member
Hi guys

I was hoping someone might be able to help. I have been getting a wet headliner near side rear passenger.

I’ve checked the drains and no issue there, water now runs away freely. I had hoped this would be the fix but unfortunately I’m still getting water coming into the car.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the piece of trim in the attached photo - it’s only leaking on one side and so I’m hoping I could do a patch job with some Fernox Leak Sealer that I know works well on plumbing jobs.

Any advice welcome particularly on how to remove this piece of sunroof trim.

Thanks

Attachments

• 30CA1E17-5012-425C-8680-6B46DB72D334.jpeg
    30CA1E17-5012-425C-8680-6B46DB72D334.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
there are drain pipes for the water to run away you might have a disconnection at the roof or at floor level on the mk2 Clio's the channels down each side of the windscreen can block and if water sits it will find a way through. I would not go mad sealing stuff you will get water stuck and at this time of year if it freezes it will cause damage. There is a rear drain at that position there is a video of a Meganne problem causing whistling which would mean a gap and possible leak.

And there is a post with a leak fixed but at floor level
https://clio197.net/threads/clio3-a...n-pipes-located-front-rear.62877/#post-722924

Thanks man, I had wondered if perhaps when I cleared the drain with the curtain wire that I might have slightly pushed the brain pipe off which is the cause of the continued leak.

I’ll try pushing the pipe back up towards the roof. Not sure what else to do to be fair!

Thanks man, I had wondered if perhaps when I cleared the drain with the curtain wire that I might have slightly pushed the brain pipe off which is the cause of the continued leak.

I’ll try pushing the pipe back up towards the roof. Not sure what else to do to be fair!
Hi @jono_197 - did you manage to find a fix for this?

I have the exact same issue, drains unblocked and flowing - water getting in somewhere rear left of the sunroof.

Thank you