197 Panoramic Sunroof Leak

Hi all,
new to forums,

Have googled around and had a browse on here but with no success (on phone at the moment)

I have a small leak/blockage on the rear passenger side corner.

I can only believe this to be coming from the non mobile section of the sunroof and as a result has left a slight wet patch on the headlining adjacent.

Can anyone advise me on the easiest way to dismantle the rear section to get to the drainage holes or is there another option?

Want to wash my car, but don't wish to make it worse!

Cheers guys and gals any help is welcome!

James

Hi pal, not had any dealings with 197 panoramic sunroof but I repaired my brothers sunroof in his old mg zr ( was a few moons ago lol) and I had to remove the full unit to do it.

Last edited:
I think that we had a blocked drain hole on our 200, I got a bit of welding wire and worked it down the hole without removing anything. I did find out duringvthe process that it pays to take out the rear wheel arch cover and I seem to remember there was a rubber bung type thing that needs removing where it drains into the rear wheel arch. After some searching I did find a diagram of the sunroof and drain hole positions.

Had a little look today before darkness set in.

Looks to be the drain hole as the seatbelt is also slightly wet as well as the footwell rear n/s
Going to try and take a better look tomorrow and hopefully fixing!

I think that we had a blocked drain hole on our 200, I got a bit of welding wire and worked it down the hole without removing anything. I did find out duringvthe process that it pays to take out the rear wheel arch cover and I seem to remember there was a rubber bung type thing that needs removing where it drains into the rear wheel arch. After some searching I did find a diagram of the sunroof and drain hole positions.

I don't suppose you have that guide handy, feels like I've been googling for days!

Well, I've had the headlining out the pipe looks intact, but didn't have the greatest view!

2nd attempt was running compressed air through the pipe and out through the rear wheel arch - nothing came out except air so I assume they are clear!

Will have to have the interior out again I think, as although it looks like the tube I think a seal might have a part in this!