ownership

just been thinking, iv had my 197 for 2 years this month, longest i have ownd a car on the road, apart from my mk1 gti, which is in a million bits now.

just wondered who's owned there clio longest, and anyone had a s1 197 since new?

Had mine 3 years since new, going off the road for 9 months at the end of the month as well.

mine is 4 year end of the month, got it from new. Think I might be longer owned but have to wait to see who else is....

Last edited:
4yrs and 2month in october (it will be 5yr old then got it when it was 10month old) :thumbup:

2 years and a month, and i havent had a single problem with it. The 1st car i have owned longer than a year and i love it. i cant find anything to replace it with so its stopping for another 2 years. :smile:

4yrs 6mnth from new.hated it when we bought it now I will never let it go

I had mine for just over 12 months, which is quite a while for me, I'm on car 20 since I passed my test 17 years ago. I still want another 197 though....

You miss it that much???^^^

Yeah, the only problem is, I now love the other 2 as well, Im gonna run out of places to keep them though, the megs in the garage, 182 on the drive, I think i may have to 'borrow' someones drive in the cul-de-sac, the guy opposite has a van which is parked half road/pavement so would make it a bit tight if I got another 197. Need a bigger house with a double garage I think

Yeah, the only problem is, I now love the other 2 as well, Im gonna run out of places to keep them though, the megs in the garage, 182 on the drive, I think i may have to 'borrow' someones drive in the cul-de-sac, the guy opposite has a van which is parked half road/pavement so would make it a bit tight if I got another 197. Need a bigger house with a double garage I think

Lol expensive 197 then

Had mine 21 months and have a small itch. Lol! Just don't know what I will replace it with. Looked at Leon Cupras. Looked in to S3s, but are a little on the dear side. Then I have thoughts like, it sits there most of the time, get something cheaper, like a 1*2. Last night I found a 56 plate ur 197 for £5750 on auto trader with average miles and the same spec as mine. Now that's cheap. Could sell my 58 plate and get the same car but cheaper! Lol!