Over sensitive ABS??

Recently i've noticed my ABS has been kicking in more often.

Seems to be more at low speeds when braking, you can feel it vibrating back through the pedal.

Is this something to worry about or what could be causing it??

mine has been doing this a bit latley when pulling upto junctions first thing in the morning at about 15mph.

After tapping the brakes a couple of times it doesnt do it anymore i find

Last edited:
It's cold, we're on summer tyres, the brakes are very powerful for the car size and there is a general lack of grip.

Just need to be extra gentle on the brakes at the moment along with everything else, I hate winter :worried: .

I find the continental tyres struggle in the low temperatures, my michelin pilots on my old car were much better

Never really had this problem in mine before, although it has been mentioned in a thread previously. It came on quite severly yesterday when I came faced with a big tractor down a narror lane! Lol!

I've never felt my ABS in nearly 3 years, maybe i'm not braking hard enough.

I didn't experience it on standard pads, once i put the carbone lorraines in I experienced it when I wasn't even trying to brake hard lol

I didn't experience it on standard pads, once i put the carbone lorraines in I experienced it when I wasn't even trying to brake hard lol

Interesting, I'm on DS2500's all round. Are the Lorraines noisey or crazy on dust?

Then again do i want my ABS kicking in all the time.....?

Abs is very intrusive, far too sensitive. Remove the abs fuse and the car brakes much sharper and harder until the point of lock up, at which point you must control yourself.

Interesting, I'm on DS2500's all round. Are the Lorraines noisey or crazy on dust?

Most people say they give off a lot of dust, personally I haven't found that the case. I didn't have any noise for the first few hundred miles after putting them on but I get a whirring noise now under heavy braking, suspect my discs are slightly warped. I have some new 2-piece discs to put on soon so I'll see if that cures the problem.

I wouldn't bother upgrading from DS2500 though, the carbon lorraines will be better when cold but there wont be much in it once the DS2500 are up to temp

I don't think the standard pads work particularly well when they are cold either though tbh.

Not really sure, you would imagine they would be Brembo, but I don't think they are. I am never putting any other pads in mine then the OEM ones when they wear out, I put some in my old Clio and they didn't have a backing like the ones I took out did. Anyway, they used to rattle in the calipers terribly. I tried copper greese, but it just stopped it for a month or so then came back.

i think the standard set up is great and the abs is just right if your driving it correctly

i have ds2500 and the brakes are still good with very little abs intrusion - but when it does it doing a good job - same with the esp :thumbup1:

i think the standard set up is great and the abs is just right if your driving it correctly

i have ds2500 and the brakes are still good with very little abs intrusion - but when it does it doing a good job - same with the esp :thumbup1:

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1: