OSF Wheel won’t spin freely

Piggy

Paid Member
I’ve jacked up the car, OSF wheel won’t turn freely, will only turn about an inch back and forth. Car isn’t in gear and caliper hasn’t seized, all started with a droning noise.
Any ideas?

Start with the basics, strip and clean front brakes. Take the pads out and if it still won't turn then you can rule out brakes.

Last edited:
If the car drives and it is not gearbox related I would guess it is a wheel bearing. The front wheel bearings are pressed in to the hub and not very easy to replace yourself as you need a large press.

If the car drives and it is not gearbox related I would guess it is a wheel bearing. The front wheel bearings are pressed in to the hub and not very easy to replace yourself as you need a large press.

The bearing itself isn't pressed in it's 4 bolts to the uprights, the hub that the disc sits on (and wheels bolt to) are pressed into the bearing, but you could do it without a press really, but of course a press would make it much easier!

Actually thinking about it, you could take off the 4 bolts for the bearing and just get it pressed out (not done it on these, but have looked at them when things were apart), do the kits come with new hubs too? If so then hardest thing would be getting the driveshaft out.