Opinions on mapping

Yeah he just modifies the updated map he supplies if it requires it i think

Rich, I suffer the same and was going to ask that as a part of the map, what i did notice while reading up on the manual, you can do partials which doesn't rewrite the whole ecu, just certain aspects so I'm not entirely ruling out that it couldn't be toyed with oneself.

If i were you, go onto fastchips site, go to the instructions section or manual I can't remember and read up on it, you can do power runs, log it, adjust and so on but clear understanding on how it all works first would be important, all the parameters are shown so you'd know how far you can go but I don't know enough to start tampering yet

Do you guys know if you can raise the idle speed via a quick easy setting in RStuner or does it require more effort than that? I'd like another say 100rpm just because the Vibra lower torque links shakes my steering wheel at idle :worried:

Does RStuner support proper live mapping too? I've only had a proper standalone before, never mapped an OE ECU so not sure how the software compares.

http://www.fastchip.nl/manual/

From what I can tell from a quick glance you live log data, save the file, make adjustments you want to make, within the parameters it shows then go through the whole process of uploading the file whether it be an updated version of a standard file or an already mapped version that's been done previously by yourself or a mapper, personally i will leave it to Paul to do the work, it's part of the price.

Thanks I'll have a proper read later. Does look very much like you map via a series of power runs rather than how you would map a standalone by holding the various rpm and load sites and dynamically adjusting timing and fueling. I wish Ktec would hurry up with the gen128.