Only had the 200 two days and already a problem, what are my options?

Ryster

Paid Member
Sooooooo

Picked up my 60 plate 200 from Renault in Morecambe on Saturday, got home and noticed the drivers door has dropped and although when its shut its all perfect it slightly clips the catch when closing, and drops a touch when opening.

Now I never noticed this when I took it for a test drive last week, nor when collecting. Only when I got home did I notice. So I tried ringing on Saturday, no answer as understaffed so thought I would leave it until today. So what are my options, I got a 12 month warranty included but in the book under things that are 'not' covered it mentions door hinges.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting them to fix this? I haven't actually spoken to them yet, but just want some opinion/fact before ringing them on what I should expect.
Obviously they might just say 'bring it in, no problem' but I'm not that hopeful!

Sooooooo

Picked up my 60 plate 200 from Renault in Morecambe on Saturday, got home and noticed the drivers door has dropped and although when its shut its all perfect it slightly clips the catch when closing, and drops a touch when opening.

Now I never noticed this when I took it for a test drive last week, nor when collecting. Only when I got home did I notice. So I tried ringing on Saturday, no answer as understaffed so thought I would leave it until today. So what are my options, I got a 12 month warranty included but in the book under things that are 'not' covered it mentions door hinges.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting them to fix this? I haven't actually spoken to them yet, but just want some opinion/fact before ringing them on what I should expect.
Obviously they might just say 'bring it in, no problem' but I'm not that hopeful!

I'd just give them a call to be honest and see what they say. If they said no and start being unhelpful, then start looking into options.

Not been in that situation, maybe others in the past have and will be able to comment/help further when it comes to the hinges/doors etc

Just needs the door hinge adjusting, it should take around 30 mins tops.

They should fix it no prob's spoke to someone who got it done under warranty i just can not think who it was i spoke to:001_unsure:

Just spoken to them, very helpful and said bring it in to get looked at.
They said the door just needs lifting up so they will take it to the bodyshop and get it done. Said it will only take 10 minutes?!

Anyway hopefully it's all sorted. Was slightly worried about this after reading some horrendous customer service issues with Renault!

Just spoken to them, very helpful and said bring it in to get looked at.
They said the door just needs lifting up so they will take it to the bodyshop and get it done. Said it will only take 10 minutes?!

Anyway hopefully it's all sorted. Was slightly worried about this after reading some horrendous customer service issues with Renault!

Door usually drops after its let go in strong wind that blows it outwards stressing the hinges.

Does depend on how much it's dropped. You can do a small adjustment on the inside of the door but I also think the other way is through the inside of the arch?

i need to make a small shimmy for mine. Keep it up.

Took it in and the workshop manager came out, took it round the workshop and was back out in ten minutes. The guy said he adjusted some pin on the door hinge. All sorted now anyway, enjoyed the drive back home as well!