OMP subframes HELP.

skippy93

Paid Member
Has anyone had any problems when using the OMP subframes? mine turned up yesterday and the mounting holes to mount to the car seem to be about 1cm out.

That seem a bit odd to me to be that far out, mine fitted fine although for a second or two I thought the holes where out slightly. Have you offered it up to the bottom of your old seat rail?

I've just gone to try and fit my OMP frames and the holes don't line up to the floor. Although the difference isn't as extreme as your's, one side seem to be about 1/2 a centimeter out when the other side is bolted in flat. I also noticed the angle of the base of one of the corners was quite extreme. Not impressed
b2c920bf65c7ec19e5ebac920b8237b7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I struggled with mine a little but they did line up in the end, I had to catch each bolt a couple of threads only and once I'd got them all in I tightened them I'm not sure if it makes a difference but have you got them the right way round? Mine have the recessed part towards the back of the car

Tried mine both ways and neither would line up properly. There's no way I can get the last one to line up as there isn't enough movement to pull it across

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

yeah i tried to do the same by just letting the thread catch and then tighten them all up incrementally but this still didn't work the fames are defiantly not the right fit i offered them up against the bottom on the original seat and they are both out on one side. i have bored the hole out slightly and used a large washer to ensure a tight fit.

I've got to say I'm not overly happy with the frame design in general really. Access to the mounting holes is very poor, and they are super low but thats not really a problem for me being 6"5' although the missis also drives the car who is a little bit of a short arse :rofl:

I have also emailed OMP to see what their response is, when i hear back from them i will let you know what they say.

I didn't have an issue when I trial fitted an OMP frame, you sure you got them rotated the right way? But they are **** frames, as well as being silly low they don't centre the seat against the wheel. Send them back IMO as not fit for purpose, you'll be much better off using the Sparco one, it's a bit taller, plus it can be installed on top of the OEM sliders. So a bit of extra height again and also no need to buy universal sliders.

yeah i tested both ways and then got the trusty old ruler out. Them being low isn't too much of a problem as I'm really tall and i used the adjustment in the side mounts to make them central. i was going to buy the sparco ones when i get paid but someones clipped the rear of the car and cracked the paint on the bumper so thats got to be first,I'm just waiting on a quote from spray shack now.

doh, always something with cars!

If you are going to get the Sparco ones then I have got a drivers side one brand new for sale, just bumped in sale section. Selling as I ended up going for Recaro CS as still need rear seat access.

So finally I have heard back from OMP and well it's hardly what I expected, I'm not going back to my dealer as they have been far from helpful to start with, an email had been sent back but I'm not expecting to hear back anytime soon as I emailed they 1month ago to the day and they have only just got back to be. I will upload the email from them when I get to work as the tap talk app keeps crashing every time I try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk