Oil

just to let you know managed to have a go with ruk clio 200 cup the one that was on top gear....it has an extremely good gearbox when cold :001_rolleyes:

Since then I've got my new rebuilt box on and Elf NFP in there, silky as hell! Nicest feeling and change since I've owned the car (from 13k).

I got the oil changed in the 'box last week. Whatever was drained out was what was used in Dieppe in 2012 when it was built. Likely Elf Tranself NFJ 70w80. I used the Elf Tranself NFP 70w80 as a precautionary replacement as I'd read and heard the NFJ is rubbish; possibly even a factor in these 'boxes eating themselves.

Wow. It's like night and day. The NFP makes changing gear a real pleasure. It's not as nasty from a cold start as well. Super silky. Great, great choice I cannot recommend enough. If any one is wanting to change the 'box oil make sure you use the NFP. Not only is it technically superior to all/most of the alternatives out there like Fuchs, Redline etc. (spec sheet comparison of pour points, flash points etc.) it actually makes the 'box feel different. I've never experienced a change like this when changing the 'box oil in any other vehicle I've owned. Massive thumbs up from me. Great suggestion Rich.

Umm maybe..,just ask the seller if its the edition that mention on the bottle this oil is for tl4 box( our boxes ,so its the new ,the old doesnt mention tl4 on it)

Bought these yesterday from my local parts store (Ad-varaosamailma, Finland)
Price was 36€ / 2 litres = 25£ / 2 litres

New bottle design?

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Is this correct? New bottle design? Says TLX

Attachments

• Photo 13-01-2016, 11 59 20.jpg
    Photo 13-01-2016, 11 59 20.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Photo 13-01-2016, 11 59 27.jpg
    Photo 13-01-2016, 11 59 27.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 42
Well the bottle looks like the previous design so maybe its not or there is two different bottles design,anyhow it mention tlx(x=any/random number as i know)
The old formula dont mention tl so dont worry its just a bottle the oil is what important( i used this same bottle so..) :smile:

Last edited: