Oil Leak timing side

Hi all, I have an oil leak going down the timing side of the engine on my RS200. There is what seems a gob of sealant that’s been fingered smooth down the mating surface of my engine to timing cover and also around the sump behind the crank pulley. The pulley is picking it up and spraying it everywhere aswell so it looks way worse than it is. Just wondering what it could be so I can get it sorted? (I’ll provide photos later on)

My guess is its the rocker gasket but I’m not well clued up with these engines so is there anything else there I should be looking for such as phaser or VVT Solenoid. From my research, I can’t see that the RS200 uses a wet belt system, reason I checked this incase there was and timing cover gaskets that it might be. Any help will be appreciated, many thanks!

It could be lots of things really. Without getting it stripped there’s no real way to tell.

It could be the cam seals, rocker gasket, head gasket, main seal. Someone could have spilled some oil one time.

Needs cleaning off best you can, and then running to try and trace the source better.

It could be lots of things really. Without getting it stripped there’s no real way to tell.

It could be the cam seals, rocker gasket, head gasket, main seal. Someone could have spilled some oil one time.

Needs cleaning off best you can, and then running to try and trace the source better.
I’ve cleaned it a couple times tbf, doesn’t massively use oil tho and as I say it comes down the side of the engine which would lead me to believe it’s not the main seal. I guess best case would be going from the top down to try and sus it out starting with the rocker gasket and cam seals. Appreciate the advice nonetheless!