Oil change due - opinions needed?

Hi all,

Clio's due an oil change soon, and I've done some research on here about which oil to use and got it down to 2:
Elf Evolution SXR or Fuchs Titan Pro Race S (both 5w40)

What's your opinions on these 2? Or any other recommendations?

I've seen motul 300v brought up quite a bit but there's a huge difference in price, which I can't justify if I'm going to be changing it every 6000 miles or 6 months!

Thanks!

Elf Evolution SXR.

In the car from the factory, does everything it needs to, decent price point.

Robert's your mothers brother. :thumbsup:

I used to use motul in a bike... but that spun to 12000rpm!

Not worth the cost in a car though, the fuchs is well recommended but the elf will do :smile:

Try Motul 8100 X-cess 5w40 if you find the 300V too expensive. I sell it to all of my friends with CTR EP3 cars, and some of them rev up to 9krpm.

I use Motul 300v but only because the chap who rebuilt my engine said his race engines last 5000 miles longer between builds on that oil over any other. That's proof enough or me.

I used to use Fuchs Titan and never had any complaints but like I've always said how do you rate oil? The engine didn't blow up so that's a bonus.

That motul stuff is proper race oil is it not?

Does'nt like cold starts from what i've read.

You've read wrong then. TDF use it as standard in their engine builds be it road or race car, if you cant trust TDF who can you trust?

5-40 so it's nice and thin when cold and approved by opie oils for road and track use.

I changed from using Titan Pro S to Motul 300v on the advice from a mate due to the use my car gets. Or lack of use at times.

Its the most common used oil in his bike race series.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't like cold starts though especially if its a race only oil :s

Try Motul 8100 X-cess 5w40 if you find the 300V too expensive. I sell it to all of my friends with CTR EP3 cars, and some of them rev up to 9krpm.

Just put some 8100 x-cess in mine, ive put it in all my cars for ten years lol, but only as a mate is a dealer for them

rick

its a "multi-grade" so not a race oil as such (ie 5w40 and not a straight 40 race oil etc)

Did'nt realise it was available in other grades, i was following a thread on bridge to gantry were he'd put this oil in but in a 15w 40 and was saying it was not ideal for a normal road car.

Someone else had said it's quite aggresive on oil seals and needs to be change regularly but i guess they are still talking about the thicker stuff. ;/

I should read more carefully.:coffee: