Best way to change gearbox oil...

Usually when i do any oil change I use an oil pump I have,
Done the 197 today and took 15 mins,
Took 5.1l of oil so reckon I got nearly all of old oil, took black induction pipe off and changing oil filter was a breeze,

Spark plugs were a lot easier than my 172..

Going to do gearbox oil tomorrow was wondering if I can do it from above without going under car ?

Can I take battery and box out and get to filler from above or is it best done from underneath.

Pics if anyone have any would be great..
Does the fuel filter need changing on these?

Thanks

Passenger side wheel off to refill gearbox oil, you will see a white threaded plastic filler 'bolt'. Obviously you have to be under the car to drain the gearbox. When refilling keep the car as level as possible. You will need a hose, funnel and 2 litres of gearbox oil.

Reactions: Pav
For Gearbox oil Id echo above, except I propped the nearside up and kept the offside on the floor to get a bit more in.

Running a bit of hose down from the top of the engine is a great way of flowing it into the gearbox.

Reactions: LOCKE and Foxspeed
Thanks guys,

What needs moving to get in from top ?
What needs removing if I go in from passenger side ?
I have a pump that takes all the old oil out so emptying it is not a probkem

Nothing to drop a pipe down to the gearbox filler hole, if you get a reasonably wide hose, probably 9/10mm with a funnel as the oil is thick.

To get to the filler cap nothing is needed to be removed except jack the car up and remove the wheel, you will see a white wingtip filler plug on the side of the gearbox. Very easy process.

Id recommend having one person pour and one person monitoring the fluid level when refilling.

Passenger side wheel off to refill gearbox oil, you will see a white threaded plastic filler 'bolt'. Obviously you have to be under the car to drain the gearbox. When refilling keep the car as level as possible. You will need a hose, funnel and 2 litres of gearbox oil.
this..:thumb:

Reactions: LOCKE
I’ve read people putting the cartons of oil in a bucket of warm water to ease with the refilling. Also wear gloves as gear box oil stinks!