Oh no!!!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I had this email today:

Dear valued customer,

Our security team has observed multiple wrong logon attempts on your online account. You are required to upgrade your online banking security by updating your online account profile.

This security measure is to better enhance and assure our customers a fraud free banking enviroment.

CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE ONLINE BANKING SECURITY

We hope you find our Internet Banking service easy and convenient to use.

Yours Sincerely,

Ashley Machin,
Digital Banking Director

It is so real, they'd ALWAYS send out e-mails like this wouldn't they?!

Especially seeing as I don't even have an account with them :wink:

Look how genuine the address is too: http://edsolcorp.com/libraries/tcpdf/www.lloydstsb.co.uk/lloydstsb/lloydstsb.co.uk/login.jsp.php

LOLOLOL!!! MORONS!!!!

The annoying this is though that some people will be naive enough to believe these scams and end up getting bum raped by the scammers.

Makes my blood boil. :@

I really don't know what P's me off most - the people who scam or the people who are thick enough to fall for it. TBH it is probably the latter! I just can't see how people can fall for the most obvious scams, but it happens a lot and I feel that it is getting more and more common!!

I have one every day of lloyds tsb never had an account with them
But they say it's been hacked lol

Yup I get them from Lloyds and HSBC, never had accounts with them at all. Reflects really badly on the companies being portrayed and it really gets peoples backs up!

I heard on the local news yesterday someone had received an email saying that someone else had taken out a contract to kill him and that he had the opportunity to stop the contract by paying 10k. He had contacted the police and it turned out to be an elaborate scam!!!

Funny/mad/next level scam?!

An ex of mine fell for the email banking scam and had his account emptied and wondered why lol

There was an widowed elderly lady in our area that was scammed by something similar to this, the bank managed to stop the transaction in time but they tried taking $250k (There are some very cashed up people around me!)