Offset (ET) Question ???

Hey

Would a wheel at 16" 7.5 with a ET 20 with catch on a 197???

Also how bad wouls it stick out of the arch ???

Erm I think u could find the rubber extending beyond the legal limits of the body work with that offset. Could be wrong but 25mm spacers seem to push the wheels right to the edge of the bodywork. And ure talking about en effect running 48mm

Last edited:
Only ever seen 1 kind of 16" fit over the brakes and they weren't cheap.

Fer enough ill find some other wheels then wanted to do like a euro style look with deepdishes. Has anyone on here done that style ?

I believe the Clio R3 Access rally car runs on 16's but not with that offet.

I think with an offset that high it would end up looking like one of those stupid VWs and would ruin the handling and the handling is what these cars are all about.

Hey

Would a wheel at 16" 7.5 with a ET 20 with catch on a 197???

Also how bad wouls it stick out of the arch ???

The standard off set of (i think) 68 with a 25mm spacer fills the arch letting the wheel sit flush. this makes the wheels effectivly an et43.

This means the wheels your on about would stick out a further 23mm making them; A. look stupid and B. naughty.

Your probably right about the caliper clearance though, the et is that low it'd be miles off.

The R3 runs smaller brakes when they have 16" on.

20mm poke with a tyre stretch I'd nothing really but the problem you'd have is you've only got a 7.5" wheel so wouldn't get enough stretch on a tyre to get it back user the arch and still keep the rolling circumstance.

Similar Thread Suggestions