Odd problem

Had a strange thing on two occasions this week in the 200. Both times on fast right hand corners - a sudden cutting of power and a feeling of the brakes being applied. I know that it sounds like traction control cutting in but on both occasions the road was dry and there was no sliding or whelspinning. Quite disconcerting.
Would be grateful for any thoughts

Yes, that's what it felt like but the surprise is that it cut in when the car wasn't sliding or losing traction. It's quite a vicious interruption and not something I was expecting in the circumstances. Do you know if the point that the esp interferes is adjustable or is it simply a case of having it on or switching it off?

It's either on or off, and when it's off it's properly off.

I'd leave it on, sounds like it saved you before you even realised you needed it. :wink:

Mmmm. Have been experimenting and same corners, same speed with esp off and nothing happens so it is obviously the esp cutting power and applying brakes. The surprise is how vicious an action it is. In my other car, the level of intervention is at a much higher threshold and when it does intervene it is much gentler.

Yes, that's what it felt like but the surprise is that it cut in when the car wasn't sliding or losing traction. It's quite a vicious interruption and not something I was expecting in the circumstances. Do you know if the point that the esp interferes is adjustable or is it simply a case of having it on or switching it off?

its how it detects whats going on from the abs sensors / steering wheel angle / and the lateral g sensor...works far faster than the driver and works in extreme situations

only ever had it cut in once that i noticed and that was on a fast corner and with me giving an abrupt lift of the throttle and it "stabilised" the car to correct its direction