Not Been On For A While - Quick Update

So guys had a lot going on the last few months, my mother passed away in April so have been dealing with lawyers, estate agents etc aswell as everything else. Also my 182 Cup has been sold, number of reasons for this - £300 road tax, belts etc were needing done plus a couple of age related stuff, plus had to find a car for my son who will turn 17 soon. So the big news is the R27 will have to get used a bit! Im using the bike as much as I can and have use of the wife's car - Audi TT TDI Quattro. I have stuck some Michelin PS4's on the R27 as it still had the original tyres on it and they were starting to crack on the walls plus stuck a new Bosch battery in just to be on the safe side even though it has been kept on a trickle charger since I bought the car 2 years ago. So with everything now brought into perspective it's time to enjoy my wee yellow Clio!

Colin

Very sorry to hear that :-( yes, sometimes life has a habit of kicking you in the ass and making you take a good look at things and think ‘what the hell am I doing?’ Get the clio out and drive it, drive it hard! I went to a friends funeral a couple of weeks back and it makes you think!

I’m all for keeping things good and clean but for what ends...someone else to get the good off? You can go out, drive it and enjoy it and still keep it immaculate, forget the mileage thing as it silly low anyway.

My wife left here phone in a friends house we were visiting last night, I had to go in to get it, 11.30 at night, I live in the country, staged it the whole way and boy are these cars are so good when really pushed!

You only get ONE go at life, enjoy it and all you have at your disposal, I’m still planning on a 997.2 or 380 exige next July if god spares me, the lotus esp is a silly buy as I’ll prob be stuck with it and have to take a big hit but I really don’t care, want to do a Euro gumball of my own, lol and I want to do it in something nice.

Reactions: LOCKE and Micah
Nice to hear from you again Colin.

Sorry to hear of the loss you’ve had mate. Not much I can say that’ll help.

Amazed and pleased that you’re giving the R27 a run out now! Might be nice to add a couple of pics for those newer members who haven’t seen her in all her glory!

Last edited:
Reactions: LOCKE
Good to read a post from you Colin, though sorry for what you’ve been through this year.
I’m glad to see you’ll be using the R27 more, and couldn’t agree more with @Cossers reply - quite sobering. Certainly given me something to think about as I hit 40 next year.
Great to see a bit of a resurgence from the old members on this forum, look forward to seeing more from you. In the meantime, take care.

Reactions: LOCKE and Cossers
Sorry to hear about your year Colin. I'll echo what others have said about enjoying your Clio. Hopefully we will have some good weather to enjoy both the bike & the car.

Nice to see you post again Colin, again sorry for your loss.

Make the most out of the r27 it’s what it was made for :smile:

Thanks @Micah yes puts things into perspective, I havnt been on for a bit either, just been busy and thought about letting the Clio go but every time I get in it and really drive it hard I fall in love again, they are just so good at going around corners, the closest thing I’ve drove that reminds me of my 911!

I’m getting new shocks all round, original cups ones and new rear discs, painting the calipers, new tyre and possibly re powder coat the wheels, be looking like new again!

Reactions: Micah
Really sorry to hear on the passing of your Mother Col......

Sounds like you're not short of vehicles to choose from ! Although we'd of course all like elusive pictures of the mythical LY beast outside :tearsofjoy:

Just sold mine. Not beyond the realms i'll get 'another'. But trying something else soon; once i've saved some more pennies.

Enjoy the R27 my friend.

Last edited: