Not been on for while, been busy with me new (old) 2nd car....

Evening chaps,

Thought I'd pop on to say hello and share with you's my 'little' project.

Now this isn't going to be to everyone's taste but ever since I was around 9yrs old I've always wanted one of these. Since that age I grew to the height of 6ft 3" so thought I'd never be able to fit in one until last year (bearing in mind I'm now the ripe old age of 35) when I hired one for me and the misses for weeks holiday in the Cotswolds.

The day I gave it back to the chap who owned it I was gutted so hit the classic car sites in search of the one for me. Didn't take long and within 2 weeks I was then and now the proud owner of a 1966 Fiat 500!

Only been in the UK for 4yrs from Italy, has been resprayed at some point but just needed some TLC...

Just had new steel wheels, hub caps and white walls fitted along with the Chrome gutter trim and chrome luggage rack, all coming together quite nicely....

2B634FA0-5ADC-4991-9414-1720210A2CA9_zpsfx4iugef.jpg

DB4DA220-F864-475A-B2EB-D525369DFD35_zpslmoppimw.jpg

Not the best shot of the interior but it came with awful tatty light cream leather which I've now replaced with dark ribbed tan, door cards and sun visors to match.

62B20324-FC69-42BD-A238-7966E4189B5B_zpsfpxhkuk2.jpg

E8356F40-6700-4AA7-8B8F-971BFD21CCA1_zpsvqpw3q18.jpg

Ive also had the fiat 126 synchronised gearbox and clutch put in which is a hell of lot easier than the old double d clutch which was in it, I just couldn't drive it with that (some of you will probably have no idea what I'm talking about with that ha)

Also if anyone sees me out and about round the Midlands don't try and race me, it's all of 24bhp and will literally pull my face off if I floor it :smile: and embarrass you!

Thats about it for now, when the weathers good I'll try and get some better snaps.

ps the 197 is still going strong, the Supersprint still sounds amazing and it passed the mot Saturday no probs :smile:

Just notice the first interior pic shows the old door card! Whoops! Not changing it now!

Last edited:
Cheers chaps, Pav you'd only have an advantage on the bends and maybe a long straight and maybe just maybe a big hill (I do have to will it slightly up a hill ha)

Always loved 500. An Italian car fan and nobody does city cars like this. In Rome a couple of years ago I came across a convoy of around 20 of these. Made my day. Slightly jealous, enjoy it.

That's absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

I've not long ago been in Martina Franca right down in the south of Italy and seeing these in those tiny streets was just so cool. Pretty much no one drives anything else.

Just needs an Abarth 595 engine now...

Love it mate.

Brilliant little beast , remember the one they did on wheeler dealer's a few years ago. Is it going to be a summer car, off road in winter ?

Brilliant, that is all. I'm sure it gets all the attention from the ladies:wink:

Cheers, yeah it'd does actually.... normally the ladies above 65yrs old ha! Everyone waves at you, wants to talk to you and take bloody pictures... gets a little embarrassing sometimes.

Thanks Ash!

Always loved 500. An Italian car fan and nobody does city cars like this. In Rome a couple of years ago I came across a convoy of around 20 of these. Made my day. Slightly jealous, enjoy it.

Cheers, we used to holiday in Italy every year growing up (I'm half Italian) so I've pretty much grown up seeing them.... there are a cult classic so massively happy that I've now got one, makes me smile just walking past him the garage!!

That's absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

I've not long ago been in Martina Franca right down in the south of Italy and seeing these in those tiny streets was just so cool. Pretty much no one drives anything else.

Just needs an Abarth 595 engine now...

Love it mate.

Thanks... The 595 engine would be amazing! I take it Middle Barton Garage in Oxfordshire for work and he has a cracking set of 500 (plus others) race and road.... the 595 he had recently sold for 30k :O ... I'll upload the pic/s I took, simply stunning!!

Brilliant little beast , remember the one they did on wheeler dealer's a few years ago. Is it going to be a summer car, off road in winter ?

Cheers mate, yeah summer only really... the nice day we take him out but that's few and far between! I've watched the episode a few times! Was trying to see how Ed took the door card off but they bloody skipped that bit ha! Still on need a Philips head and some duct tape and your sorted :smile:

That is awesome, they are great looking little cars! I saw some when I was Italy too a few years back, really good condition as well! Great stuff!

That is awesome, they are great looking little cars! I saw some when I was Italy too a few years back, really good condition as well! Great stuff!

Cheers pal, yeah the overall condition is pretty good, it's been fully inspected and there's minimal filler which is apparently a rarity these day.

As much as I like the beige in the long run I'm hoping the change the colour to an old school Aston Martin green. Time (and money) will tell.

Similar Thread Suggestions