not a good "start" to 2011

Foxspeed

"the new red baron"
well with it being dry but cold thought i would get RB1 out and give it a quick wash and a blast out down a few local b roads.....

couldnt get it unlocked !

battery flat - its in the garage and parked close to the passenger side of the garage wall :thumbdown:

so i have just managed to get the passenger door unlocked and by using a yard brush have knocked it out of gear and moved it backwards as its at a slight angle so i can open the door and reach the bonnet release!

got the battery off....2.5volts in it :closedeyes:

so its on charge!

if i had been any closer to the wall i dont know how i would of got in....:thumbdown:

Oh dear oh dear....not good!

How long since it was last used then?

Aw mate thats not good at all! What a nightmare. Glad it is out and sorted now though.

What is this 'dreaded radio fault' I aren't familiar with it!?

I hate leaving mine too long in the garage the longest it has gone without being run is 4 weeks! :thumbdown:

Aw mate thats not good at all! What a nightmare. Glad it is out and sorted now though.

What is this 'dreaded radio fault' I aren't familiar with it!?

they go faulty in really cold weather and dont switch off properly :thumbdown:

I park mine in the garage close up to the wall on the passenger side, had never thought about how much trouble it would be with a flat battery!

well luckily all sorted

battery charged and refitted and took for a blast seems ok so far :smile:

Sounds like the dreaded radio fault to me. Had mine swapped under warranty last winter.

The radio cd doesn't turn on when the temperature drops below a certain level, it then has a knock on effect that it starts to drain the battery more quickly than it would if it was working normally. I'm sure I read somewhere that the first batch of cd radio's were only tested to zero degrees which is fine if you live in Abu Dhabi or somewhere but not that good if you live in blighty!

All the dealers know about it and they swap without question providing its still under warranty. Just make sure you get them to inspect the dash surround before they do it (and get them to sign that it's undamaged) so that if it gets scratched when they swap the radio you've got them bang to rights.