Nos

Just out of curiosity...anybody ever cosidered NOS?

Whats its pros and cons?

We have installed it in a friends car - Wizards of NOS.

At first I was meant to be a 100hp shot, but in the end it ended up a 40hp shot.

Used it only once in the Street race - but the bottle was empty because of the testing in the morning, and he sold his car 3 weeks later.

Will post pics later - here's the link.

Ive used it in the past and may concider it in the future on my forthcoming 200

One bandwagon people will instantly jump on is... your engine is going to blow up... which is true if you do it wrong and on the cheap! Like anything really!

Buy a good quality kit and (ideally) an electronic controller and it will be highly advantageous and add to the fun!

I wouldnt run 100bhp shot on this engine though! Unless you had some sophisticated electronics! Id only concider something like that once your over 4.0l and at least 8 cylinders!

A 25bhp shout would be enough (Nitrous Wizard always start you at that level i think) and TBH thats more than a 10% performance increase. You could then tune and tune up the jets until your happy things are still safe.

Just remember Nitrous is a consumable, and works out more than petrol!

I have a kit, not fitted yet!

NOS or WON?

Buy a good quality kit and (ideally) an electronic controller and it will be highly advantageous and add to the fun!

I wouldnt run 100bhp shot on this engine though! Unless you had some sophisticated electronics! Id only concider something like that once your over 4.0l and at least 8 cylinders!

A 25bhp shout would be enough (Nitrous Wizard always start you at that level i think) and TBH thats more than a 10% performance increase. You could then tune and tune up the jets until your happy things are still safe.

Just remember Nitrous is a consumable, and works out more than petrol!

True, other friend of mine is selling his WON with the best Minimax controller and a bottle heater - 1000€, I'm thinking about getting one but I'm afraid because of the RenFault's quality.

Here are the pics:

21052009262.gif

21052009265.gif

21052009266.gif

22052009282.gif

21052009267.gif

Last edited:
22052009273.gif

I'm behind the wheel - but couldn't use the WON because we have emptied the bottle while testing it in the morning - worked all night to get it right for the race! :lol: Epic fail. :biggrin:

P5230159.gif

Best time of a stock 197 without the WON, unfortunately:

1-1.gif

As you can see - I felt asleep at the start - worst start ever. :smiley:
The other car in that race was Clio 197 without the interior and with the decat & V6 PH2 airbox & remap. He had even worst start - usually he does 15.08-15.2s @ 1/4 miles - you can imagine what we did to him when he lost to the STOCK 197. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

how complicated is the fit? my dads a big petril head and is willing to pay for the kit. Although im not aware of anywere in belfast that could fit it although he claims he could do it himself im not sure whether to trust him. He is an engineer but....he is very heavy handed.

how complicated is the fit? my dads a big petril head and is willing to pay for the kit. Although im not aware of anywere in belfast that could fit it although he claims he could do it himself im not sure whether to trust him. He is an engineer but....he is very heavy handed.

Dont want to insult your dads competence but this is a highly flammable substance which can completely ruin your brand new motor if done incorrectly so it would be really worth looking around for an experienced fitter if you are considering this route.

Dont want to insult your dads competence but this is a highly flammable substance which can completely ruin your brand new motor if done incorrectly so it would be really worth looking around for an experienced fitter if you are considering this route.

yes that was my thoughts exactly! its just very tempting, i havnt even made a decision on it but it would be nice to have, because there is guy in a focus st who i regulary race asnd id like 2 blow him away.

iv just found a dealer for wizards of nos in belfast anyway

yes that was my thoughts exactly! its just very tempting, i havnt even made a decision on it but it would be nice to have, because there is guy in a focus st who i regulary race asnd id like 2 blow him away.

iv just found a dealer for wizards of nos in belfast anyway

Yeah I really dont blame you mate its great fun to wind st drivers up lol! The main reason why I would get someone else to do it is that you have someone to go back to if anything goes wrong or if you need anything fixing, if you have found a dealer then that is great!

I must admit it would be good to have an extra kick for overtakes and races etc lol!

Dont want to insult your dads competence but this is a highly flammable substance....

Common misconception, Nitrous Oxide isnt flammable at all, and contrary to popular belief, cannot explode in a Fast and Furious huge fireball stylee :lol:

Nitrous Oxide is an oxidizer which means its a compound that will happily give away its oxygen molecules. And will only burn when there is sufficent fuel and heat to cause ignition.

All your effectively doing is adding extra oxygen to your engine, a second solenoid adds additional fuel, therefore you get extra bang :smile: Remember regular atmospheric air is 27% oxygen, pure nitrous oxide will be at best 33% (N2O)

This is where the engine melting fear comes from. Again, get the system wrong and you will run lean and melt something, run rich and end up loosing power, washing the bores and then wreck the cylinders!

As most will know you dont need nitrous to do most of that either :smile:

Nitrous isnt hard to fit. You need to have an idea of electronics for connecting the power, controller and solenoids, and mount the jets in the intake. By no means should you so this on the car! As you cannot risk getting debris in the cylinders! Then you need to mount the tank in the boot and run some pipes.

Most of this can easily be acheived in a day if you take your time and dont go ham fisted at it :smile:

Last edited:

Of course, always going for the best. :thumbup:

A sample of the system that my friend is selling (another one, was in his Accord 2.4 Type S - only 2 refills):

5368Bottle_Heater_Final.gif

Max20Extreme.gif

cijelikit2.gif

I'm really tempted - think he'll go for the 700€...but I'm afraid like I've said - it's a RenFault.

lol, wasnt trying to beat you down mate. :smile:

Nitrous easily gets a bad rep caused by rubbish in certain movies and other unreliable sources. :thumbdown:

Don't worry bout it mate I know you weren't and it is best to get the right info on here!

It is still not something you would get me playing around with though it just seems too easy to set up incorrectly!

lol intresting subject!!!!!!!! i would love this a very expensive consumable tho not sure how long it lasts tho....jaxx?