None standard valve caps

Roy

clio197.net legend
Anybody use the ones that you can lock on with Allan Key
Had mine took of twice now in 5 days thieving little gits
Why would you want to nick them????

I dont see the point in nicking them, you can always seem to find them by airlines in garages where daft sods haven't put them back on.

As for your original question.. Doesn't that just force the thieves to carry an allen key?

If they want them they will get them and the kids near me DO carry tools.

When my silver ones went missing off my 182 I stopped at bunch of kids with bikes with nice dust caps on and asked them if they knew who took them, they immediately pointed out the kid that done it who said he had sold them but offered to steal me some more in 10 minutes LOL.

I asked them about the theft proof dust caps and if they were worth it... One pulled out pliers and another pulled out a screwdriver and said "Dead easy, that's why we've got these"

If they want them they will get them and the kids near me DO carry tools.

When my silver ones went missing off my 182 I stopped at bunch of kids with bikes with nice dust caps on and asked them if they knew who took them, they immediately pointed out the kid that done it who said he had sold them but offered to steal me some more in 10 minutes LOL.

I asked them about the theft proof dust caps and if they were worth it... One pulled out pliers and another pulled out a screwdriver and said "Dead easy, that's why we've got these"

yep, sad but true.

Must be 10 odd years ago but I caught kids stealing mine - next day they were riding round with my Peugeot emblazened ones on their bikes...

I use the ones with grub screws that require an allen key. No theft.

Then again - I do have a private car park both at work and at home. >.<

Then again - then again - I've never had 'em nicked on any car, and I've always used 'em. :smile:

As nice as they look, they are more hassle than they are worth..getting nicked and my last set of nice R ones on my R32 corroded on...reet ball ache to free them all - ditched them since then from fear of ruining my valves each time or going missing. normal plastics for me from now on...apart from my dice caps on my mtb LOL

Thumbs up to those who persevere!

Last edited: