No Power

Hi

After just taking my Clio 197 (56 Plate) for a drive. I noticed that when i try and put my foot down in any gear that Revs climb rapidly but the car is not picking up speed as it would normally do. It feels like if it had a turbo that the turbo is misisng. I cant get over 40 mph. Any ideas what the problem might be???

Thanks

Jay

Would this mean it needs replacing. I had the AA come out and have a look and it was fine when he took it for a test drive. I then drove it after he left and same problem again untill i drove it for a few miles and then started to respond normally. What should i do???

been issues with clutch master cylinders - a few on here have had warranty on them - needs looking at before it destroys whats left of your clutch

been issues with clutch master cylinders - a few on here have had warranty on them - needs looking at before it destroys whats left of your clutch

That would make a few+1 . Get it checked before the oil of the clutch system possibly spills out...like mine did. Clutch was still okay at the time, but some 30k miles later it was "game over".

My Renault warranty ran out Sept 2009 but i purchased the AA Prestige Mechancial breakdown insurance warranty.

Problem is, checking the clutch hydraulic is expensive. My dealer wouldn´t take care of it until my car had to be trailered to him... :smiley:

I have drove in to work this morning approx 18 miles and clutch was fine i both took it easy and put my put down at times to see the response. Should i just continue to drive as i would normally until it plays up again or breaks.

I called up the AA warranty line and they asked me to book it in with Nationwide Autocentre. When i called them and advised the mechanic of the symptons and now all is okay again. He advised there would be nothing he could do unless the problem continue's. He said there would be no point bringing it in as their would be nothing to check if it is now driving as it should. I called Renault and they advised to see if the problem occurrs over the next few days and if so then bring it in for an intial inspection which would cost me £29.99.

Problem so far has happened when car is warm

think if this was me - i would replace the master cylinder and see if that cures it - wouldnt want to spend £30 just to have a look!!!!

If i have it covered under the AA warranty wouldnt it be better for it to break or for the problem to get alot more frequent and worse, therefore allowing a mechanic to experince the issue. I drove approx 20 miles from work to home and not a hint of an issue. At lunch time I also took it out for a test drive with a mate who know far more then me about high performance motors and he said it drove fine. He said its a bit weird how the problem is no longer aparant.

If i have it covered under the AA warranty wouldnt it be better for it to break or for the problem to get alot more frequent and worse, therefore allowing a mechanic to experince the issue. I drove approx 20 miles from work to home and not a hint of an issue. At lunch time I also took it out for a test drive with a mate who know far more then me about high performance motors and he said it drove fine. He said its a bit weird how the problem is no longer aparant.

if thats what you want to do then yep fine

i was just considering the potential damage it could do to your clutch if it casues excessive slip - it will burn the drive plate out - then you have no option but to stick a new clutch in - the master cylinder change will be the easiest and cheapest job to do on the clutch system of a 197