Nimbus197

Makaveli160

Paid Member
Some absolute wa**er has hit my car at work, barely had it 2 months (and love the thing), not left details and lied about the fact even with evidence stacked against him.

Does anyone know a rough price a bodyshop would charge for the front bumper to be resprayed?

Im thinking £500 but hoping cheaper lol

The damage is close up and alot worse zoomed out. It stretches two long scratches right accross the front.

1b0f776b.jpg

And the car

61eff198.jpg

What a ******! I think £500 is probably a bit OTT, i'd be thinking more along the lines of £300-£400

Yeah cheers i wouldnt mind £300.

Ill have to see what security bring up on the cameras depending if i go through insurance or sort maself

How have they done that?

Have you looked at a smart repair? I had chipsaway do one on a large scuff on my mx5 on the rear wing. They did a great job and you couldnt tell once it was done. Was only about £120 ish.

Great colour by the way! lol

Last edited:
Not a clue! All i can think is they've reversed or drove along it sideways as it was parked and the damage on the other car is fresh and on the rear bumper at the bottom the same height at the side.

What sort of damage did you have?

As ive got a big scrape above and below the numberplate and a big scuff to the left!

They somehow almost ripped the splitter off aswell

I had the front of a mk3 resprayed for ~£250 and that was at a Renault bodyshop.

Also if you have evidence how can they argue? p.s take photos of the marks on both cars if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Not a clue! All i can think is they've reversed or drove along it sideways as it was parked and the damage on the other car is fresh and on the rear bumper at the bottom the same height at the side.

What sort of damage did you have?

As ive got a big scrape above and below the numberplate and a big scuff to the left!

They somehow almost ripped the splitter off aswell

The rear wing of the mx5 was scraped by the previous owner. I booked it in with chipsaway and they filled it, smoothed it, sprayed it and polished it. To be fair they did an awesome job. The colour was winning blue which was a really sparkly light blue and the match was spot on!

Cheers for the price guides.

Its a renaultsport splitter which is pretty scratched now.

How do you know it was the same car, which area was it selling in?lol

Cheers for the price guides.

Its a renaultsport splitter which is pretty scratched now.

How do you know it was the same car, which area was it selling in?lol

I think it's the same one, near he liverpool area i think? Im sure the guy was called wayne that was selling?
Could be worng.
Either way it is a nice looking motor (minus the scrape :worried: )

I had my car sprayed last week, whole rear bumper, big stone chip on bonnet filled and sprayed, both mirror caps, small patch on drivers door and small areas on both rear quarters. also had the front and rear bumpers refitted (as they were both wrong) all for £280
edit: also had a wing-mirror fitted and new glass in both mirrors too

Last edited:
I had my car sprayed last week, whole rear bumper, big stone chip on bonnet filled and sprayed, both mirror caps, small patch on drivers door and small areas on both rear quarters. also had the front and rear bumpers refitted (as they were both wrong) all for £280

You got a bloody good deal there.

Where abouts was it done?

lmao, so in other words nobody buy this car. :rofl:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dogshead Spotted 0
Rogue Spotted 0