Nimbus Sun

Awesome photos, really like the nimbus grey. I found that with 25mm spacers on the front it looked too much in most cases and was worried about it having an adverse affect on the handling. 25mm from the rear is all good though. I may end up getting either 12mm or 16mm for the front and then putting the 25mm spacers back on the rear.

What is that light shining on the car? Not seen that orange disk in the sky for months :wink: :smile:

Nice pics, nice colour in the sunlight too!

I actually find the h&r springs quite comfortable as my other cars have coilovers, but then the car came with them so dont know what it was like originally.

I think i will get coilovers first and then decide whether to space or not. I quite like the tucked look on these cars.

And i think its easier to drop a car with standard offset wheels, unlike the low offset wide wheels on one of my other cars as the wheels stick out the arches and you've got to set the coilovers up just right so they dont catch.

Anyone on this site got the h&r coilovers as im thinking about buying some?

Have you ever been in a car or driving a car with coilovers?

Its like driving a go kart, steering is so precise, almost non existant body roll. And as theres no body-roll the tyre stays flatter to the road meaning more grip so you can go faster.

I live in the city of roundabouts and duel carriageways and one of my other cars is lowered about 100mm and you cant go fast enough to make it even screech the tyres, im talking 65mph over duel carriageway roundabouts (70mph speed limit).

Im also looking to do some trackdays in the summer so seems like a good investment.

They shouldnt knock mate.

Were they fitted professionally?

Did you have a geometry setup done?

Luckily mine where from gaz and had to be made to order so had seperate top mounts etc.

they were fited by my mate never set up but i ended up sending the both rear shocks back and the front pasanger ones as they were leaking and mine were gaz aswell

yea brand new on my second sety now and thyr just as bad as my mises now drives the car iv had endles problems they only coverd 7k aswell gaz the factory are very helpfull tho but still dosent stop the noises. been in a garage loads of times still cant sort it considering puting the standard stuff back on with lowering springs

Did you get new top mounts or you using the originals?

Mine came with new ones included.

To be honest i wouldnt say its the actual coilovers naking the noise but there causing something else to, when do the noises occur? All the time or when you brake?

Are they knocks or clonks (if that makes sense)

Similar Thread Suggestions