Nimbus Grey 197

Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot on this board, guess it's about time that I join the community and present my 2007 Clio 197.

Drove a Alfa 147 and a Seat Ibiza FR (TDI) before, but since my mate bought a 197 I've been in love with these French toys. Did too many miles though to buy one myself but that has changed recently, so it was about time to buy myself some happiness. I really wanted to go to a NA engine and rev the sh*t out of it, as everything is becoming turbocharged these days. Altough my remapped Ibiza had about the same straight line speed, the Clio is just in a different league when it comes to cornering... So the Clio 197 was the obvious choice within my budget.

Picked it up about 1,5 months ago, with about 57k miles on the clock. I was going for a black R27, but finally somebody else was earlier to buy that one, so I went for this standard one.

fotonsk.jpg

8237369003_2bf4c4fcea_c.jpg

8237369453_f08c71e947_c.jpg

Previous owner painted the interior panels in white... rather ugly I have to say.

schermafbeelding2012103.png

So I resprayed it back again, in Nimbus grey

8237366059_7dc7f85f87_c.jpg

Also the classic mod on the steering wheel

389529_4621183921480_620277474_n.jpg

The previous owner also permanently disconnected the ESP system, fixed that as well. There's still a problem with the steering wheel, so my airbag won't work if I crash and I can't use cruise control for the moment. That will be fixed in the coming days. Also kicked the cables from his ex subwoofer out and replaced it with a dension kit to play some music with my iPod/iPhone, with the standard radio.

I'm not a big fan of the rear spoiler either (of any spoiler actually). I'm still in doubt, but I think I will replace it with the KTR Sprint rear spoiler.

... And one more pic after a decent wash :smile:

foto5aj.jpg

More mods(?)

- waiting for KTR to release their LHD air intake
- remap (maybe)
- extra set of (custom?) wheels when the summer arrives with decent summer tyres

I'll swap soon my Clio with the 200 Cup (remapped, Akrapovic Evo exhaust) of my mate for about a week, really looking forward to that. I might change some stuff after that, but I don't want to go too hardcore as this is my daily driver and the roads are pretty bad here back in Belgium. So we'll see how that works out... :smile:

534125_234899683307750_582712931_n.jpg

From the short drives I had in the 200 so far, I can say that the 197 is a truly great car, but the 200 feels just more finished in all the little details. No doubt it's the better car, worth the money to fit different parts on my 197? We'll see...

Love to take the 197 out for a ride in the evening, puts every single time a massive smile on my face. Really adoring this car, and it just can get better... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
:welcome: to the site, your friends very generous to lend you his car for a week. I wouldn't give the keys to mine to anyone! :smiley:

What spoiler is that?

Thx for the welcome everybody!

:welcome: to the site, your friends very generous to lend you his car for a week. I wouldn't give the keys to mine to anyone! :smiley:

Thanks man, generous indeed. We're both used to driving these cars and we've known eachother for years now.. Otherwise it would be a no go too for both of us :smile:

What spoiler is that?

I really have no idea... It's just too big for me. I like the Clio the most without any spoilers on it, but I have to take a new one to cover the drilled holes.

I like this one, but I'm told you have to replace the whole boot lid for it :001_unsure:

6686265881_90dfd4d938_z.jpg

KTR sprint rear spoiler might be an alternative :smile:

If you like the GT spoiler but don't fancy replacing your entire boot (who would!?) then the KTR sprint is where to go. They look lovely in fairness, I've seen a few of them and I'm always tempted.

I think your spoiler is a bit too big too, just didn't want to be rude and say it on your first thread :smiley:

Haha, I can be rude myself so no problem :smiley:

I haven't seen a KTR spoiler in real life so far, guess I'll have to stop worrying and just order it :smile:

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Check out progress threads for Henderson and I think Smoggy Mark has one too, there was a nimbus on here recently with one just can't think who it was. There should be a good few pictures there. Also pictures from How Fast should have plenty of high quality ones of Hendersons car :smile:

7940817582_557e929825_b.jpg
THP_9706 by Clio197.net, on Flickr

Take a look through that Flickr Gallery (its Clio197/200.nets Flickr). You should get plenty of inspiration :smile:

*I hope Henderson doesn't mind me blatantly whoring out his car :smiley:

Welcome to the site.

I like the current spoiler from the side view, but like you i'm not too sure of it from any other angle. As the guys suggest the KTR spoiler may be the way to go and it will look awesome in nimbus.

Best of luck with it.

John

Ordered the KTR Sprint spoiler :smile:

I'll open a progress thread when it arrives...

Welcome! Nimbus is the best colour in my opinion :wink: i want to get a sprint spoiler. This will be the first one I've seen on a NG so ill find out if i really want one soon enough :smiley: