Newbie with a few questions

Make sure its warmed up before giving it some... i was shocked at how **** these are when theyre cold lol!!!! my old 1.4 wouldve ate the r27 from cold :tongueout:

if you think somethings wrong with it, take it to paul at rstuning

This, my missis steams me in the morning in her smart roadster. Terrible when cold but for first 10min I try not to exceed 3000rpm, I've tried telling her to give the car 5 min so the oil can warm up around the turbo but WHOOOOOOSHHH, off she goes. Glad she's not insured on mine lol

I do rev it all the way. After about 5000 rpm doesnt the power valves kick in?? Mine doesnt seem to feel much quicker after 5000 mark? And i only ever use bog standrd 95 fuel does this make a big difference?

I do rev it all the way. After about 5000 rpm doesnt the power valves kick in?? Mine doesnt seem to feel much quicker after 5000 mark? And i only ever use bog standrd 95 fuel does this make a big difference?

its doesnt "kick" as such more like pull harder and faster to the redline...

as for fuel - 95 is "ok" but they do like and run better on 97/98/99 :foxspeed:

If you want straight line speed you have chosen the wrong car, you have bought a car that will go round corners as fast as it will in a straight line or as near dam it.

If you want something that is as good in a straight line shoot out and round a bend you need a 265 trophy.

There is a 2 week old one up for sale at the moment.

528488a8-b5cd-ef1f.jpg

There are issues regarding belt size, the manufacturer is aware but getting them and Renault to do something about it is a different matter.

It can affect any RS Clio and may need to be manually calculated. As far as I'm aware the dealers do not know of the issue.

There are issues regarding belt size, the manufacturer is aware but getting them and Renault to do something about it is a different matter.

It can affect any RS Clio and may need to be manually calculated. As far as I'm aware the dealers do not know of the issue.

Solution? My belts are being done shortly, need it done right.

the astra feels quicker because its got roughly 230lb of torque from 2000rpm compared to the clios 160lb from 5500rpm roughly. those 1.9 sri diesels are fast cars mate. the clios you have to thrash to get the best out of and as said before handle brilliantly at high speeds

Solution? My belts are being done shortly, need it done right.

There is an issue with the belt tolerance / belt tensioner which is why some sound tappy.

There is an allan key that should go to 12 O clock but some are going past it due to belt size inaccuracies.

The issue is usually found after belt changes and should be compensated for if the alan key position goes past the correct position.

This affects ALL F4R engines inc the meg.

I know this has been said 100s of times already, the 197 isn't particually quick and I doubt anyone would have bought it for its straight line speed. Find a bend, carry speed though it, every other car looks like it is going backwards, smile.

There is an issue with the belt tolerance / belt tensioner which is why some sound tappy.

There is an allan key that should go to 12 O clock but some are going past it due to belt size inaccuracies.

The issue is usually found after belt changes and should be compensated for if the alan key position goes past the correct position.

This affects ALL F4R engines inc the meg.

Thanks, will take note :smile: You say it should be compensated for if the allen key goes past the correct position, how do you compensate?

I'm not 100% sure so I wouldn't want to give you duff info

Give BTM a ding and ask to speak to Fred, he will tell you as it is he who has discovered and been in touch with the people who make the belts.

here's 2 pictures for you to see

number 1 - note the position on the cam tensioner markings AND the position of the allen key - correct

5284ecde-9cc9-e1b4.jpg

number 2 - note how the cam tensioner markings are in the SAME position, yet the allen key is pointing at a 45degree angle?

5284ecde-9ce2-ebba.jpg
this is caused by the belt length being slightly out of spec.

According to Fred its HOW you fit it, you almost have to ignore the markings, you go too far on the tension and then go back on yourself and it will line up close enough, hard to explain!

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
S New Members 20