New tyre choices

Going to get 4 new tyres on the wifes 197.

Choices I've been offered locally

Conti Sport contact 3 £481 fully fitted
Dunlop SPortmax £471
Vredestein Ultrac £433
Falken £313

Thoughts appreciated folks

Thanks

Try hankook Evo v12 I think they are, a lot of good reviews about them and there a lot cheap than contis.

Try hankook Evo v12 I think they are, a lot of good reviews about them and there a lot cheap than contis.

^^ This....

I have used the Hankooks before and would highly rate them over the Contis. Currently using 595 RS-R's, which are immense and have bags of grip but they are only a sumer tyre so will return to the hankooks after our glorious summer.

I run Bridgestone re050A's on mine, and they are very good.

Might be worth a look!

I put the Hankook Evo's on about 2000 miles ago. They are ok but I'm not a massive fan, a little dissapointed with the general grip all round. Not a patch on the Falkens FK452's I've used before.

I put the Hankook Evo's on about 2000 miles ago. They are ok but I'm not a massive fan, a little dissapointed with the general grip all round. Not a patch on the Falkens FK452's I've used before.

what pressures you running on the hankooks, ive heard that you have to run lower pressure in them due to the harder side wall

Going to get 4 new tyres on the wifes 197.

Choices I've been offered locally

Conti Sport contact 3 £481 fully fitted
Dunlop SPortmax £471
Vredestein Ultrac £433
Falken £313

Thoughts appreciated folks

Thanks

of those contact 3 :thumbup1:

Thank you folks, much appreciated, think we'll go with the contis as when I drive it i do like to make use of the cars attributes, shall we say :smile:

Nearly a third of all cars in Europe are fitted with Conti's as the OE tyre - everything from the porsche to Mercededes...

Where as Conti specifically designed a tyre for the BMW M3, Hankook were off sealing OE fitment for the Ford Fiesta, Hyundai modela, Kia models and the VW Jetta....

I personally don't rate the Hankooks - not bad, but definitely not better than the Conti SP3 IMO.

OE tyres are chosen for a reason. Not saying the Conti's are the best, I would just go for Conti's in this case, or a Michelin/Pirelli/Bridgestone etc alternative.

I'd go with the Conti's no question. Not only are they a **** hot tyre they're also OEM fitment. I like to try and keep things factory.

Only issue is the Conti 5's are out now to replace them, so they'll gradually be phased out.

Event tyres do a set of 4 fitted on your drive for iirc £485. Pretty good imo.

Still highly rate the Hankook v12's fitted all round a few months back. Have felt no difference to Continental SC3's I had on b4 even when driving hard. £200 in the bank as well as I was going to fit Continental SC5's.

Go with the sport contact 5, they were about the same price as sport contact 3s when I bought tyres a few months back. They're the newer tyre and do feel slightly better

Similar Thread Suggestions