Tyre choices....

I'm looking at fitting a set of four new tyres on my RS200 tomorrow & my local fitting centre is recommending TOYO Proxes T1-R for grip or Pirelli P-Zero Nero for grip with improved life...

I'd really appreciate any feedback or advice based on personal experience. :thumbup1:

My factory-fitted ContiSport 3s are still legal (2mm on the front, 4-5mm on the rear) and if anyone wants to offer me a few quid for them I'll make sure I keep them & put them in the garage.... :lol:

I've run the Pirelli ones in the past, actually replaced Conti Sport Contact 3 with the Zero Neros and they were a vast improvement in every situation inc tyre life. Bit more noise was the only downside.

I'm guessing there recommending them because they have them in stock (or can get them quickly from another branch). If your willing to wait/order in, look at the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A, it even better than the Pirelli.

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend T1Rs after putting them on my old car as a cheaper option I regretted it.

Good Year Eagle F1 - a lovely compliant tyre with low noise and excellent performance, wet or dry. Very progressive handling. Definitely nicer, IMO, than SC3s or 5s.

Hi DRDX hope ur well go for the eagle F1s

This is what I'm using on my road wheels at the moment based on the good reviews. They're a bit odd really and quite a change from the AD08/R888s I've been using, the F1 side walls are amazingly soft even in comparison to say continental SC3s.

In the colder temps we've had over winter they've done the job albeit it's taken the recently spell of +5 degree weather for me to realise they (presumably like most tyres) don't like the cold that much.
Good tyres though and those side walls help the car to be a bit more compliant over our 'roads' (read as holes connected by patches of tarmac).

I got a full set of TOYO Proxes T1-Rs and I have to say I am actually really impressed so far! I thought they'd be fine for driving up & down the M4 motorway to & from work and I never take the car on track or exploit the performance of the car... A useful saving as well having got a full set of four, fitted & filled with nitrogen gas for under £400! :smile:

T1-R's really are not great in anyway soft sidewalls, soft compound (wear quickly) and seemed to wash out wide in the dry. Reasonable in the wet but far better tyres out there.

The negative comments about T1-Rs might be relevant if you're pressing on or taking the car on track but I like them & first impressions are favourable. I don't believe a better set of tyres can be had for day-to-day driving on Britains roads for less than £400....

The t1-r's are abit soft on the side walls and do wear quickly but they do well for what they cost, I have the potenza's on my raider and they are unreal just grip and grip

The t1-r's are abit soft on the side walls and do wear quickly but they do well for what they cost, I have the potenza's on my raider and they are unreal just grip and grip

The soft sidewalls might explain the slight improvement in ride quality on the M4... I think the aggressive tread pattern on the T1-Rs looks great too... :thumbup:

Similar Thread Suggestions