New Steering wheel clio197 first (I think)

Hi All,

So I suffered from the usual steering wheel peel. Infact mine was terrible when I bought the car. But I had caught a plane to Scotland which was diverted due to a crash landing and then broken down in my dads new car to pcik up my beloved 197. So at the time I thought screw it I will buy it.

Yes there have been problems but they are all sorted and I love it.

Now to the steering wheel. As some of you may have seen I have been asking about how to get the F**K*** airbag off and so after putting my old steering wheel on ebay I was panicking as I could not get it off and wast starting to panic . After four attempts I was ready to give up until I saw SIMONXOXO post which had a link to a post he made on the italian equivalent of this site. All I can say is thank you so much this helped me no end.

Last night I finally got mine off with some serious force. I proceeded to take all the wires and safety clips off. Put the new one on, reconnect the airbag and start the car. All fine all the buttons worked but a check airbag warning. Back to square one. Disconnect the battery and get the airbag off to find the little yellow saftey clip was not pushed in properly. Started the car and warning light gone:clap:So why is this a forum first (I think). Well I have a nimbus grey and I found that they did infact make a grey gordini wheel so thats what I have fitted. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-RENAU...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ce4ddf8c

£120 not bad if anyone else needs a new steering wheel.

So here is a photo of my old steering wheel:
photo1_zps14e3c97f.jpg

And new one :tongue_smilie:
photo2_zpscd4d4bef.jpg

Also stuck on the popular renaultsport sticker:
photo4_zpse264780e.jpg

I've seen that one off ebay, I almost bought it myself. - It does look good.

I decided on a re-trim though as I thought it'd just last longer for the same kind of money

Looks good, a lot better than the original one.

The sticker looks a bit big though.

For £1.99 cant complain, I quite like it.

I've seen that one off ebay, I almost bought it myself. - It does look good.

I decided on a re-trim though as I thought it'd just last longer for the same kind of money

I thought about a retrim but I would need a spare wheel and would have to send that one off. Plus I do have a years warrantee with it so if there are signs I will be taking them up on it. I only drive 4000 ish miles a year so. I sold my old steering wheel for 99p on ebay absolutely fuming:@

Now all I need is clio 200 dials, the newer white ones to match.

Last edited:
So you're the guy selling the steering wheel on eBay last night, I was watching it and going to bid but missed the end of the auction :worried: that steering wheel does look good though!

So you're the guy selling the steering wheel on eBay last night, I was watching it and going to bid but missed the end of the auction :worried: that steering wheel does look good though!

I was the guy yeah. 99p is such a joke. The guy who won lives in Portugal so maybe he will cancel due to postage charges I do not know. I think it looks good too :smile:

I got the blue one not so long ago :

2qva6bd.jpg

Goes well on my Albi Blue and with the recently dipped interior trims.

The guy who bought your steering wheel made me an offer on my old one - £35 inc postage - The cheapest I could find postage was £24 via Parcelforce so after eBay, PayPal & P&P I would've been left with £6 - I told him no chance. Sold it a couple of days later for £30.

Looks like you got lucky then. Yeah if my car was blue I would have got blue. But Since I have a nimbus and the dash is silver too thought Id get the grey one. Was the grey one even used on the gordini though? I really want the white 200 dials but they are impossible to get.

******** wasn't the first. Well I have been planning it for so long but didn't have free cash. I was the first to publish it then