New Racing Blue 197

CallorFold

Platinum Member
New member from West Midlands - Racing Blue 197 - 2008

I'm just about 1 week into ClioSport ownership and it's safe to say I'm still smiling! Coming from a boggo standard family hatch, this puts a smile on my face just pressing the Start button!

Body work, alloys and interior all seem to be in great condition - although everything needs a really, really, good clean! Hopefully when the weather brightens up I'll get a day to wash, clay bar and wax to really bring out the racing blue colour.

A few negatives I've noticed over the week -

- Keyless entry doesn't work from the drivers side, boot and passenger side OK
- Fan heater speed #2 doesn't work - I've read this can be due to melted wire/connection somewhere?
- And the thing that's really bugging me is being able to drive the car smoothly through first and second gear.... It seem's whenever I depress the clutch the car jumps/makes a knock - hoping this isn't anything major....
- There's a very weird "electrical sounding TICK" coming from the drivers side somewhere, can't for the life of me work out where its coming from, it almost sounds like an soft-indicator ticking

And an obligatory photo -

IMG_1920.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

The cars are known for being jumpy from cold. It should be smoother when it warms up though...

Thanks Rogue, the button to lock the doors on the exterior drivers handle works OK - does this eliminate the handle as the issue? Or is it still possible?

Tried turning the TC off on my trip into work today, weirdly, it seemed to work! I might have been lucky and not had quite as much stop start as usual, but it certainly felt a bit better :smile: Still get the knock/clunk sound when I press the clutch through, sounds like the knock comes from the back somewhere? Exhaust maybe?

Welcome,

I have the same issue as you with the 1st and second gear. I took my car to the garage found it was the lower ball joint that's causing me problems.
Have that checked to be on the safe side.

Thanks Gemma, the car was last serviced in November so I'm thinking of getting it booked in for another just for my own peace of mind and get the car a good once-over while it's in there for for any potential issues/upcoming costs.