New Pads/Discs ???

Just coming up to 11k in the 200. The brakes haven't felt as sharp within the last couple of thousand miles and there seems to be a slight burning smell coming every so often .....

Yes, definately strip, clean and de-glaze the pads. After 11k they shouldn't need changing really, just maintainence.

Whip the pads out and give the calipers a good clean, get all the sh!t off them if there's any built up dust etc..

Regrease (Coppaslip etc.) the back of the pads and pop them back in. :smile:

Wouldn't do any harm to give the discs a once over either.

How old is the car, fluid change might be beneificial?

Theres some cracking guides in the how to section for paid members :wink:

Whip the pads out and give the calipers a good clean, get all the sh!t off them if there's any built up dust etc..

Regrease (Coppaslip etc.) the back of the pads and pop them back in. :smile:

Wouldn't do any harm to give the discs a once over either.

How old is the car, fluid change might be beneificial?

Mine is a year old. And has only done 5000 miles. One trackday of 2 hours, and a few laps on the ring. Front tyres have already been replaced, so these were hard miles.

There should still be life left in the brakes there Rabbit, my current set have been on since January 2011 and have done a couple of trackdays and a lot of hard driving plus the usual pottering about. Not even halfway through the pads yet on front or rear... I suppose a lot of it will come down to driving style but you should be getting more than 5,000M out of a set of brakes...

There should still be life left in the brakes there Rabbit, my current set have been on since January 2011 and have done a couple of trackdays and a lot of hard driving plus the usual pottering about. Not even halfway through the pads yet on front or rear... I suppose a lot of it will come down to driving style but you should be getting more than 5,000M out of a set of brakes...

There is still some pad left.

But i'm also having the brake-juddering under hard braking. So I will try cleaning them...