New owners, few questions.

Edinnit

Paid Member
Recently bought a 2006 197.
Tidy car, looks the parts, few small issues though.

The clutch biting point is right at the bottom and sometimes its difficult getting it into gear, could this be a clutch bleeding issue, or gearbox synchros?

Also the Cruise controlled buttons don't do anything, I've read they're could be an issue with the clutch pedal sensor, how can I check this? Is it simply just a switch? So a continuity test on the pins will show any faults?

Thanks for any advice..

try bleeding the slave cylinder and change box oil too before assuming its the gearbox issue..may help..

try to have it diagnosed for any faults...any renault dealer should be able to help...

hope you get it sorted soon

Also the Cruise controlled buttons don't do anything, I've read they're could be an issue with the clutch pedal sensor, how can I check this? Is it simply just a switch? So a continuity test on the pins will show any faults?

May sound daft, but took me about an hour to work out when I first picked up my Clio, have you made sure the cruise control switch is on, before using the steering wheel controls? (switch is between the steering wheel and the door, next to the traction control switch)

Yea I'm booked in tomorrow for a clutch bleed, I'll change the box oil after that, and if its still no good I'll take it to diamond motors or mark black.

Not daft at all about the C/C, I didn't know it was there will check tonight... Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yea I'm booked in tomorrow for a clutch bleed, I'll change the box oil after that, and if its still no good I'll take it to diamond motors or mark black.

Not daft at all about the C/C, I didn't know it was there will check tonight... Cheers

That'll most likely be it then :smile: pic here for reference - http://e-nagao.sakura.ne.jp/sblo_files/e-nagao/image/switch13-thumbnail2.JPG

Same button does both the speed limiter, and cruise control depending if you push the top or bottom of it.

I think it's the top for cruise and bottom for speed limiter.

So press the button, cruise control is then ON. Drive up to speed, then press the - or + buttons on the steering wheel to set your speed. It'll give you an electronic speed in MPH on the screen between the dials. You can then use - and + buttons on wheel to adjust. To cancel cruise control press the O button on the otherside of the wheel. To recall the previous set cruise control speed press the R button on the wheel.

So for example cruise is on, you press +/- to set speed at 70, someone infront slows down, you press O to cancel cruise (or you can use the brake pedal if needed) and then once the road is clear you can press R and the car will race (quite literally full throttle haha) back to 70.

Hope this helps :smile:

My Megane had that button, how's it not come fluffing back to me, I even looked at that button on the Clio and just dismissed it lol, doh!!

Cheers for the help

May sound daft, but took me about an hour to work out when I first picked up my Clio, have you made sure the cruise control switch is on, before using the steering wheel controls? (switch is between the steering wheel and the door, next to the traction control switch)

Well that sounds sensible. Why the bloody hell did they put the cruise switch behind the hand brake on the 200? I even have an empty switch hole next to the Traction control!