200: New owner - more questions

Ok so i picked up my 200 yesterday and having a drive today i've noticed things

1. Is it possible to deactivate the cornering lights?
2. Is it possible to deactivate the auto wipers (prefer to use int wipe)?
3. Is it possible to activate auto locking (most others cars have it now)?
4. does the car lock itself when you walk way so are out of range of the keycard? pressing the button on the door seems to lock it but sometimes it wouldn't open it again for several tries, is this the batteries dying?
5. Is it an option to have the 3 flash of the indicators on a quick flick (lane change feature)?

More question later no doubt :thumbsup:

Last edited:
1. ?
2. I beleive so, not sure how though
3. Press and hold the lock button, this should activate/deactivate it
4. No the car doesn't lock itself, you need to press either the door button, boot button or the one ont he keycard.
5. No, I don't think so.

no3 - with igniton on/engine running press and hold door lock button on dash for 5 sec - it should bleep - this has then activated RAID/auto lock

no4 - car does not auto lock itself - only time it does this is if you unlock the car but DONT open a door - after 30sec it will re-lock
always either use the door button of keycard to lock the car when leaving it

Ok so i picked up my 200 yesterday and having a drive today i've noticed things

1. Is it possible to deactivate the cornering lights?
2. Is it possible to deactivate the auto washers (prefer to use int wipe)?
3. Is it possible to activate auto locking (most others cars have it now)?
4. does the car lock itself when you walk way so are out of range of the keycard? pressing the button on the door seems to lock it but sometimes it wouldn't open it again for several tries, is this the batteries dying?
5. Is it an option to have the 3 flash of the indicators on a quick flick (lane change feature)?

More question later no doubt :thumbsup:

1) No idea, don't know why you would want to though.
2) By auto washers do you mean auto wipers? If so full up on the wiper stalk is off, one click is auto, two clicks slow, three clicks intermediate and full down fast.
3) Already answered. Hold in the lock button for a few seconds.
4) No, it doesn't lock when the card is out of range. Infact if the engine is running it won't even turn off if the card is out of range. Might be the battery, try a new one they are only a couple of quid. The cards can play up though.
5) To get the indicators to flash when locking press the button on the door handle twice within a few seconds. One push locks the doors where as two pushs dead locks them and flashes in indicators.

Last edited:
4. yes your battery is probably dying, though keycards can be tempramental. Renault swapped mine as it regularly died, they switched the battery then a week later it locked the Mrs out in Asda car park. Some choice words later and a new card was in the post from France :smile:

Thanks for the replies

Sorry for 5 i meant when changing lanes some cars let you just flick the indicator stalk and they do an automatic 3 flashes

Thanks for the replies

Sorry for 5 i meant when changing lanes some cars let you just flick the indicator stalk and they do an automatic 3 flashes

A motorway lane change feature. Nope can't have it, I kinda miss it too. Its a handy wee feature.

When the new Clio came out in 2006? i bought a 1.6dynamic with the cornering lights - i got the dealer to deactivate them before i picked it up - hoped it could be done without paying the dealers :worried:
Hate them coming on when exiting roundabouts, etc - seeing others cars with them i always think their chavs with their foglights on

Well did the auto locking and service reset today after a quick detailing session

er - where is the tyre weld/ puncture repair kit?

Well did the auto locking and service reset today after a quick detailing session

er - where is the tyre weld/ puncture repair kit?

usually in a grey pouch in the boot or glovebox - on might even be under the boot carpet in the space where the jack goes!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Clio 200 Area 2
S New Members 6
A New Members 5
L New Members 4
L Clio 197 Area 8