New number plate! :)

Naw there not man, i had no german badges or anything on the side either like yours man :worried: Tracking down on them big time my way... I hear u can now get legal ones tho.

These are apparently legal, said they are the correct font etc.? we'll see if i get stopped lol

My mate had these exact ones on his corsa and im afraid to say old plod took them off two weeks ago! :worried:. I was led to believe that as long as they had the right font, a reflective back and were bs stamped then it didnt matter but the police were having none of it!

looks nice mate. i had them for over 2 years on my old car and they are legal. they have to have a small code/number printed on one of the corners in order to be legal. i had to give my dvla documents to them when i had them made, so if they are done the proper way you won't get fined for them :wink:

Looks cool mate, nice, plain and simple. You gotta strategically place some black muck inbetween the "one's" to make it look like a "H" tho. :thumbup:

I put some German style pressed plates on an old 911 I had (even had a white one on the back), car was LHD anyway and in the 3 or so years I had it, never got pulled once. Also used to park on double yellows in town and never once had a ticket..that may have just been luck tho!!

I remember taking it in for an MOT, (I had the normal UK legal plates ready to stick over the top), the MOT tester said I'd be more legal if I had no plates at all..lol

They are legal, the plod just dont know about the bloody things.

Nowhere does the DVLa say they have to be printed on plastic. Providing they are reflective, the right font, size, the bs number, postcode of manufacturer on them...they cant legally do diddly squat.

however i would recommend buying from the likes of dubmeister who were the first to introduce the roadlegal ones. They sent me documents to prove i was fully legal the next time i was pulled over!

Yeah, just to clarify, the OP's plates are legal, the ones I had def weren't tho. I'll try and dig out a pic when i get chance later.

These have the postcode of the people who made them at the bottom and some sort of code stamped into the top left corner, not sure what it is bit sounds about right!

I put some German style pressed plates on an old 911 I had (even had a white one on the back), car was LHD anyway and in the 3 or so years I had it, never got pulled once. Also used to park on double yellows in town and never once had a ticket..that may have just been luck tho!!

I remember taking it in for an MOT, (I had the normal UK legal plates ready to stick over the top), the MOT tester said I'd be more legal if I had no plates at all..lol

I ran around for three years in the UK with german style plates on my estate, no problems at all, passed 3 MOT's with them on.

Then in Germany i had the car impounded until i could put english plates on to go home and i was fined 500 euros for my trouble.

They don't mess about over there, if they did the same here with naughty plates (ones you can't read/italics) that'd stop the problem.

:f1team07:

big_rimage046.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome plate man. I want a good plate, I just can't find one that suits me.

I saved for Tom 87 (year I was born) and it got sold just weeks before I had the cash. :worried:

Not worth the hassle to put a bolt or move letters around. Plate looks sweet.

Used to have my n closer to the 0 to read jason gs a while ago but after second pull and nearly losing i kept it legal. All you need is a jobs worth copper who is not getting any lol.

Last edited: