Hi All,

I have recently bought a Clio 200 which has been owned by one of the regular posters. Reg W11 CUP, I've been out and about in the car and it runs nicely. I'm not intending to use it that much on the road, I'm into the mechanical side of the car, plus a few track days etc. I did notice it's had a few bits and pieces added, Does anyone know the full extent of the mods ?? Has the car been mapped. I've have my diagnostic tool on it and found nothing. Anyhow I shall be slowly taking it to bits no doubt. I've had several cars last one VR6 which I stripped and poly bushed etc etc etc. Anyway hope to be posting soon,:tongueout:roud:

PS I did notice one member had a problem with resonance and this went away when he turned the air con off I'm almost certain this is a loose Aircon belt not bearings !! Took me a while to suss that one.

Another that thing that 197's are prone to starting juddery, I had the same thing before in Fords etc, I found out that it's where the oil feed from the rocker box enters the inlet manifold. You get oil deposits around the inlet butterfly. You have to make sure that the butterfly edge is sharp and spotless. The throttle feedback pot isn't that accurate so 1thou deposit on a butterfly edge will cock your tick over up!! just a thought! :001_huh:

Dave. Ashtead.

Here's to a great club !! Cheers

Always use Snap - On Tools ......

Hello and welcome to the friendliest forum I have ever found! Be sure to let us know what u find when u strip it down

You and foxspeed are going to get on like a house on fire.

Welcome along

Welcome from the previous owner! Enjoy it! It was a fantastic car gave me lots of smiles. The car has a Milltek exhaust which does give it some resonance (most of it from the rear parcel shelf!). I was under the impression it was mapped by the previous owner who fitted the exhaust but I didn't RR it. Other than that it had a K&N filter and that's it. The rest was standard.

It's been treated with tonnes of love so you can be rest assured! :smile:

Cheers

Hi Thanks for the information , I took the K&N off and cleaned it and found it had a big bit of duct tape wrapped right over the filter LOL oops. goes fine now I think it has been mapped doing about 90 you get about 35 mpg out of it, weird thing is that the mpg keeps goes up ?? must investigate. I'm getting better MPG that the VR6 anyway 28 MPG max. Maybe you can tell me is it possible to turn off the rev beep thing that the 200's have. it worked when I first had it but I stripped out the center console and then the airfilter housing throttle body etc for a good clean and had the diag tool on it via the OBD port. Now the beeps gone ?? maybe hiding under carpets somewhere?

Cheers, I'll be buzzing about so might see you at some show or other! Going to Trax this weekend.

Dave.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
RhysThomass New Members 0