jakehewitt

North East Rep
Hi

After tossing around the idea i have finally just put the deposit down on a beautiful blue 197 cant wait to pick it up on Sunday :smiley:

Having a tiff with admiral though was wondering if this makes any sense to any of you

At the moment i am paying £750 on my fiesta and have 5 months left on the policy, Done a new quote on the clio and for the full year is saying £880

When i rang admiral to confirm this they said no and it would be an extra £450 on my policy for the 5 months!!!
How do they work that one out??

Will get some photos up it on Sunday when i pick it up

Welcome mate, I'm from the middlesbrough area so i'll keep an eye out for you. My insurance (asda) tried to do the same to me, luckily im near the end of my policy so i'm just going to let it run its course.

Welcome! When you get close to the end of your policy you can get them to put it on to your next years payment.

Welcome! These cars are addictive! I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of ownership. I hated driving, then I discovered the 197 Clio. I used to drive it for drive sake! They are a bit heavy on fuel but its a small price to pay for the feel good factor the car rewards you with every time you step in it! I will be back in a 197/200 by next year hopefully. These really are great cars!

I had this with Admiral. They quoted me £1200 for the 197. Bought the car, then they said that will be £2050.. Erm no. They quoted me £1200 and said it was ontop of £850 which I'd paid for my previous car. Majorly argued with them and the listened back to the call and confirmed they didn't tell me that it was ontop so got the insurance cheap. This is what happens when you have overseas contact centre's and no english escalation department.

Welcome :smiley:

:welcome: along, car looks tidy. I still can't believe you can pick these up for ~5k, great little cars for the money. Make sure you check out your gearbox and get a decent warranty from the dealers :smile:

Picked her up yesterday, well chuffed!
mybumy2u.jpg
asypa3e6.jpg

So far planned is
itg filter
Collies/springs
Exhaust tips
Upgrade speakers
Aux cable and parrot

Just a few minor things
Any ideas would be helpful
Cheers