New member - My Ultra Red 197

Hi guys, been browsing since I started looking for 197's and this forum was a great help.

Picked up this 197 a couple of months ago and just started getting around to a few little jobs I had planned on the car.

First of all these are the only photos I have at the moment (shocking for a photographer! ;/)IMG_8785.jpg
IMG_8762.jpg

Just in the middle of painting the calipers red so the car is jacked up in that photo on the other side.

My first job was to sort out the tatty looking grills, I'd heard quite abit about Plastidip being decent so thought I would give it a try seeing as its pretty cheap and impossible to mess up.

Here are the grilles before & after.

IMG_8764.jpg
IMG_8784.jpg
IMG_8767.jpg

My next job is to get the rear diffuser sprayed black. Eventually will be getting it done gloss black but seeing as I have some spare cans of plastidip I'll give it a go with that first!

Only other thing I want to do to the car is to get the alloys refurbed in Anthracite. Used black plastidip on one wheel just to see if I liked the look but decided I'd much prefer anthracite :smile:

Absolutely love the car, such good fun to drive at the weekends. Previously had a BMW Z4 3.0i, BMW 330ci, Clio 182, BMW Z4 3.0si. The Z4 had to go as I'm getting married next year so its gone into the wedding fund, which left me with around £7k to choose a replacement. I'd make this same decision time and time again. Such a fun car to drive yet feels a little more grown up than the 182.

Hey tommo welcome to the site.
Great choice of colour btw!

Can i ask how you got the top grills out, did you take the bumper off?

Cheers, Tom

welcome matey. Good colour choice :tongueout:

Cheers, Tom

Give the a good tug mate. they pull out from the bottom.
Come to Barnsley and ill get em out for ya if your unsure.

Thanks guys.

Finished one side of my calipers this morning with some fresh brembo stickers..

2011-09-23092615.jpg

2011-09-23092606.jpg

Seriously need an alloy refurb!

Can I just ask if there is any track days on this forum? Always wanted to go on a track day but been scared of the cost or replacement brakes, tyres etc.

Cheers, Tom

Get your fingers underneath the bottom outside corner of the grill (closest to the wheels) and pull upwards working your way towards the other end. Think there is 3 or 4 small clips at the top of the grille.

No specific track days but several of us do use our Clios on track. IMO they are great but some have suffered brake fade with standard discs. I have grooved two piece discs on mine and they are fab, no issues whatsoever, even after repeated abuse!

:welcome: to the site indeed dude :smile:

Best colour too btw :wink:

:smile:ban: for anyone who argues with that - unless it's Liquid Yellow)

Similar Thread Suggestions