New member looking to buy...

Evening boys and girls,

I have signed up hoping to post a "Wanted" ad, but to no avail. As is also the case with Cliosport, it doesn't appear you can post in the Wanted section as a new, or at least unpaying, user. Which seems a little backward, but hey ho - I don't make the rules.

I have recently just sold a stupid MX5, some of you may recognise it. It had some rather unsubtle appendages and a big turbo under the bonnet...

11692261654_8301f9f0ca_b.jpg

Anyway, I am currently on the look out for a new daily driver, which will take over from my PH3 Peugeot 306 Rallye, which will also be for sale shortly...

13334649804_a767a49c11_b.jpg

I think I may want a Clio. After originally hankering for an R26 Megane, I now think I prefer the idea of a Clio. I had a poke around a couple of them side by side today, and the Clio just felt a little more special. Smaller, nimbler and a bit more... Fun. Lets be honest, it is basically a newer version of my Peugeot, so I think I'd feel quite at home in one.

I guess as I am unable to post in the appropriate section I will instead turn this post into a bit of a wanted request instead!

My ideal car would be a Liquid Yellow R27 F1, with climate and xenons, low mileage and with good service history.

I am aware that may take me a while to get hold of but to be honest I am in no rush! Saying that I am open to considering alternatives. I would prefer a 197 over a 200, purely down to looks - I don't care much for the 200's nose, it just looks a little goofy, like it may have been dropped on it's head somewhere in the conceptual stages and never quite recovered.

I would prefer LY, but am not adverse to other colours. French Blue would be almost as good for instance.

Whatever it is it absolutely HAS to have the Recaro's and Cup Chassis (ideally FF with cup pack). I will not consider anything without those two boxes ticked.

I would also like Xenon's, Climate control, and Cruise control, but none of these are 100% golden.

I would prefer to spend around the £6/7k mark, but am willing to stretch should the perfect car command a little more.

So if anyone has or knows of anything that may be of interest, please let me know!

Many thanks for reading,

Rob

Hi Welcome buddy it's only a fiver to join it's the best fiver your spend just for the buyers guide alone

It is something I will almost inevitably do, but I'm still not 100% sure if I have my heart set on a Clio yet. Just dipping a toe in to see what grabs it.

Just about to say, I've just had a quick look through the "Clios for sale" and there's a few nice ones with the spec (or close to) you're after mate

There a couple in there you're correct, and I have sent some PM's. Nothing is quite 'perfect' though, at least nothing posted recently.

Welcome mate, and something will come up if you have the patience :smiley: And the sound of the NA will draw you in!

the reason you need to be a paid member is to supply us with details via paypal etc after a number of people got scammed.

Just seen your for sale thread for the mx5 is PH. Where abouts in wiltshire are you? [MENTION=50772]godders[/MENTION]

Similar Thread Suggestions