Hi, new member looking for buying advice

Bangbangbenny

Platinum Member
Hi guys, thought I'd regester here to get some advice before going to look at a 2007 197 on saturday, just want to know what bad/week points, good or bad spec to look for before buying. New to the Renault scene so any advice would be a massive help, thanks

Benny

Make sure it's had cambelt changed and water pump
Check the clutch
Look st door seals
Check steering wheel for melting

Welcome!

Make sure the gearbox doesn't crunch...spec is varied on what you want. Recaro bucket seats are normally highly desired.

Got a link to the car you're looking at?

Thanks for that, what mileage do Renault recomend changing the cambelt, is it arround 60,000 as with most diesels??

Are you paying cash? or on finance? Only reason I ask is that you could probably get more for your £ if you go private.

My good you can get a F1 for that
It's way over priced

I had a quick scan, found a red F1 on ebay for same money but had higher mileage...

Found a nice white 08 plate on Autotrader with only 23k on the clock for 7500 tho.

Also found pretty much the same car you're looking at for (07 plate) with 27k on the clock for less than 7grand...

It's going to be brought with finance so private isn't an option, the distance is one of the factors for me, going for a look and a test drive, they have already knocked 500 of it and I reckon that would come down more. I have been looking at the f1s, am I right in thinking that they are fitted with the cup pack?? Not sure what else they offer.

Similar Thread Suggestions