New gear box

Hi all,

My Clio 200 with cup chassis is a year old now. Last week the 4th gear synchro went and booked it in to get looked at. The gear box was replaced and I picked it up today.

When I tried to drive away from the dealership I could not engage 1st or 2nd gear. It wasn't just stiff, it could not be put in gear. All other gears were fine including reverse. I eventually decided to pull away in 3rd this time only to see if the box needed a few miles to settle. I drove 25 miles or so, the box felt good and went up and down all gears including 2nd and 1st. I then stopped at a roundabout and same thing happened, I could not select 1st or 2nd. The problem only occurs when I am completely stationary, even at 3mph or so I can select the gears.

I phoned the service department who said that it should improve and to contact them later in the week if further problems.

I tried it out again later and it now sometimes goes into gear when stationary but at other times is still a problem.

I would appreciate everyones thoughts on whether the gear box needs some miles to loosen up or whether this is a fault?

Thanks all

Pedro

My 197 has issues when cold selecting 1st and 2nd. But when she is warm, it works a treat :smile: