New fiesta st

Will look definitely better than the new Clio RS 210 if the preliminary pics are true for the "civilian" version. :smiley:

the problem with the fiesta is its very small inside. Proper tiny boot and the seating position is far too high.

I think that is an old artists impression picture isn't it? I think the actual model is uglier, the grill is far too big and it doesn't have an RS style diffuser.

best bit of the article
"There’s no word on performance yet, but the 197bhp Renaultsport Clio 200 achieves 0-62mph in 6.9sec and 141mph. In giving away nearly 20bhp, the Fiesta ST may struggle to match the Clio"

I don't think that it to be honest. The next st will be built off a face lifted MK7 fiesta and its ugliest than that unfortunately!

looks like a photoshop mashup like the "next clio rs" pics that pop up. Fiesta is a funky wee car, but its not gonna look as good as that.

...I am waiting patiently for this...rumour is that it will be on sale in the first half of 2012....this will give me a lot to think about as I will be due to replace the current car around then....is there to be a Fiesta RS?

the new ST was in last weeks papers if any one noticed it.

top speed is 150 mph, and 0-62 is 6.3 secs,s i think it was.

if the handling is anything like the old one i WILL be very tempted. the looks are stunning as well.

best bit of the article
"There’s no word on performance yet, but the 197bhp Renaultsport Clio 200 achieves 0-62mph in 6.9sec and 141mph. In giving away nearly 20bhp, the Fiesta ST may struggle to match the Clio"

nice motor :thumbup:

as for the fiesta struggling.....its over 100kg lighter!!!

so fiesta 178hp / 1100kg = 162hp/tonne

clio 200 200hp / 1240kg = 162hp/tonne

its based on the mazda 2 platform and is in normal spec a very light car - a 1.2 zetec is only around 980kg...

Last edited:
i wounder if Mountune will bring out another performance package for it like they did with the old one, another 20 bhp increase over standard will see the new ST a VERY good hot hatch to have.

and still keep the warranty, ( happy days ).

...the spoiler and diffuser look a bit RS (Ford) so I reckon the production model will be toned down a bit.....but hopefully not....haven't owned a Ford for 20 years now but this will tempt me back to Ford...