New door pillar vinyl does this look ok ?

Hey guys bought my new 200 and the vinyl on the passenger side door was peeling so I got a new one from Renault there was nothing on the paint work I used a hair dryer and the scrapper Renault give you and it has came out like this F3AD5D10-3B0B-4709-B176-92F3896AC87E_zpsurn0mpxz.jpg as you can see there is a few bubbles on it does it look ok or not and is there anything I can do about it ? Could I get Renault to give me another ? Thanks terry

It looks badly applied to me. Was the paintwork completely clean before you applied the new piece? It looks like you have applied and removed it multiple times.

It's unlikey to get any better, if it were me i'd remove it and start fresh, either with a new piece or some carbon effect vinyl.

Yeah what Chris says, I don't think the paintwork is the problem I think it's just the glue has moved behind the vinyl, scrap the Renault crap and get some carbon fibre vinyl off eBay for about 6 quid or even gloss black, for best results should relie heat it up as it stop the glue sticking too much to the paint before you've actually got it flat :smile: I've covered mine a few times with different stuff as I was never happy haha onto 5d carbon fibre and it's much better

Yeah what Chris says, I don't think the paintwork is the problem I think it's just the glue has moved behind the vinyl, scrap the Renault crap and get some carbon fibre vinyl off eBay for about 6 quid or even gloss black, for best results should relie heat it up as it stop the glue sticking too much to the paint before you've actually got it flat :smile: I've covered mine a few times with different stuff as I was never happy haha onto 5d carbon fibre and it's much better

damn :worried: see the garage said they would do it but wanted the car for two days so I said no what size I can get carbon for £6.48 1000x500mm will that be enough for both sides ?

Peel that one off, then the paintwork needs cleaning. Tar remover or similar to get rid of the old glue. Any minor blemish on the paintwork will show up so you need to get it entirely clean.

750*300 is enough just cut the sheet in half so your left with 750*150 and then just work away at it takes a wee while to get it right maybe buy twice as much as you need and if it goes wrong you can keep trying the eBay is pretty cheap :smile:

750*300 is enough just cut the sheet in half so your left with 750*150 and then just work away at it takes a wee while to get it right maybe buy twice as much as you need and if it goes wrong you can keep trying the eBay is pretty cheap :smile:
see I'm not good with sizes lol so I've seen 1000x500 mm but i don't know would that do would it cover both ?

Our drivers license cards here in SA are very thin plastic laminate cards. Flexible, but strong... Worked a charm for me. There was no need to remove seal. Wrap looks good though!

Mine's also quite faded with greasy prints. Any idea where I can buy this textured vinyl to replace it with? Renault will probs want an arm and a leg. That carbon looks mint.

Martin

Mine's also quite faded with greasy prints. Any idea where I can buy this textured vinyl to replace it with? Renault will probs want an arm and a leg. That carbon looks mint.

Martin

i went to a local car care shop mate like halfords but i dont think they do carbon fibre wrap there you can get it of ebay aswell better then the £22 a side from renault iirc