new clio

just bought a little mk2 ph1 1.2 8v run around. wanted to bleed the breaks as they dont feel great . located the bleed nipple on the rear drums but cant get the ring spanner all the way over the thing as its too close to the edge of the drum ?? any help/ideas would be great:thumbup:

use a socket to loosen it and then get an open-ended spanner on to it to turn it

Thanks foxspeed that worked a treat :smile: so I bled the brakes and they still didn't feel great so decided to change the discs and pads , did them without too much trouble ! Took for a test felt good after a few miles of drivng then the pedal went soft so I pumped it and then returned to normal would this be due to my poor bleeding of could it be somthing else ?

Thanks foxspeed that worked a treat :smile: so I bled the brakes and they still didn't feel great so decided to change the discs and pads , did them without too much trouble ! Took for a test felt good after a few miles of drivng then the pedal went soft so I pumped it and then returned to normal would this be due to my poor bleeding of could it be somthing else ?

if the pedal pumps up then yes could be air in the fluid

would also be a good idea to check the rear brakes - a wheel cylinder could be leaking - or failing that the auto adjusters dont always work very well and the shoes need adjusting by hand with the drum off