New Clio RS owner from The Netherlands

Hi guys,

I have been using this forum for weeks now to help me search for a RS.

Finally bought a RS. It is a 2011 RS model with cup package. Yellow with Recaro.

It has 124.000km (77500 miles) a rebuild gearbox and new rod bearings with ARP bolts just to be sure.

2 sets of wheels. The originals and a set of TEC wheels which look OK but I think they are shiit.

Car is free of damage but was suspect of bad taste: 2 Hifonics amps are hidden in the back.

I have a massive car history and am a Ring driver since 1999. As I am getting less fanatic, the Clio will replace my 99 Impreza with 320bhp for an occasional drive to the Ring.
I had approx 50 car and this is my first one from France. They all were German, with 2 Japanese exceptions.

Already happy with how the Clio behaves. Balanced, sharp and a lot of fun. I suspect that I can come within the sight of my Impreza lap times with a lot less power.

Amazing car.

Attachments

• 90A6B10C-FC2B-4E2A-B604-C050A4D21001.jpeg
    90A6B10C-FC2B-4E2A-B604-C050A4D21001.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 6FC9A2C0-F79C-4566-9704-5684C5A2A2A9.jpg
    6FC9A2C0-F79C-4566-9704-5684C5A2A2A9.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 22085FA2-C581-4815-B43D-DA4283E69A6E.jpg
    22085FA2-C581-4815-B43D-DA4283E69A6E.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 73E1DBC2-09A9-4159-82E5-F941DD883F0A.jpg
    73E1DBC2-09A9-4159-82E5-F941DD883F0A.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 29
Welcome along. So what’s the plans with the car?
Want to keep it a bit stock.
Going to order some Michelin. Probably Cup 2. A bit done with modding. If the suspension and brakes hold it on the Ring, I am quite happy.
I suspect I need some better brake pads as I have Hawks on my Impreza and destroy discs with them.

Hi fellow countryman, welcome to the forum. Nice car, with the cup chassis and the Recaros it will be great fun. You'll love it on track. If you hammer the brakes you definitely need uprated pads. Some tires with a stiff sidewall will give more control and sharpness to the handling. I had Yokohama AD08R, which I loved. Now the successor AD08RS, which has the same construction, but a lot less grip. I'm thinking of going Cup 2 next set. If you take the Karussell with any speed, switch off the ESP. Mine did a weird braking action in the middle of the corner on my first lap. Have had it turned off each time ever since. Have fun.

Reactions: Nero
Hi fellow countryman, welcome to the forum. Nice car, with the cup chassis and the Recaros it will be great fun. You'll love it on track. If you hammer the brakes you definitely need uprated pads. Some tires with a stiff sidewall will give more control and sharpness to the handling. I had Yokohama AD08R, which I loved. Now the successor AD08RS, which has the same construction, but a lot less grip. I'm thinking of going Cup 2 next set. If you take the Karussell with any speed, switch off the ESP. Mine did a weird braking action in the middle of the corner on my first lap. Have had it turned off each time ever since. Have fun.
Thanks for the kind words.
What pads are you using?
I am destroying suspension parts with the Karussell for years. How does the Clio hold up on the Ring?

Thanks for the kind words.
What pads are you using?
I am destroying suspension parts with the Karussell for years. How does the Clio hold up on the Ring?
Haha ok. I use Ferodo DS Performance. They are not the best for track use as the pedal feel gets spongy, but deceleration keeps stable. I have them because the Clio is my only car and I commute on bike, so I decided on pads that work well from cold. I am upgrading to 2 sets of pads and have a dedicated track pad. I am looking at CL RC6 or Winmax W5.

The Clio holds up quite well there. On the twisty sections it can keep up with cars with twice the power. Above all it is good fun.

Reactions: Nero
Thanks.
I have to upgrade my tyres first, the tyres which are now mounted are not good. Outbrake them already.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New Members 6
R5GTT New Members 2
craigkitch New Members 4
Mr.1777 New Members 7
R New Members 8