New car paranoia

Ok, so been running the 197 for a few days now. Things I'm noticing that I'm not sure about and are probably just new car paranoia...

1) 3600rpm in 6th at 70mph? No wonder it drinks petrol!
2)Odd noise that I can only describe as a slight whirring that happens almost precisely at 1500rpm and then again at 2500rpm. More obvious going up Rev than down Rev.

Any ideas, thoughts, opinions?

Cheers, Daryl.

They do have there little niggles also, don't forget 197/ are getting on a bit now, so the odd noise here or there is not uncommon, just listen out for it and see if it gets worse/louder etc.

And only 4200rpm for 90mph! Quite the bargain

Edit: Although I do have a 200.. but I think the gearing on 6th is the same..

The high revs when driving on motorways is normal for these cars but it's very noticeable at first. Especially as they're not very well made so you get a lot of cabin noise

Thanks for replies on the revs things folks. Just thought I'd double check. Any ideas about the strange noises at 1500 and 2500 rpm? Is it possible there's something loose and resonance from the exhaust is is causing the noises at those revs?

Thanks for replies on the revs things folks. Just thought I'd double check. Any ideas about the strange noises at 1500 and 2500 rpm? Is it possible there's something loose and resonance from the exhaust is is causing the noises at those revs?

Mine did it when I had it, wouldn't worry. It's French.

You should try driving a C2 vts at 80mph sounds like you're in 3rd gear the gearing is well short on them!