new brake discs and pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
Really Need everyones advice as to what brake discs and pads I can buy for my 2008 197.
The discs are original at the moment on my car, fancied an upgraded to maybe drilled discs all round?
Also what are the best pads?

Your help and advice would be appreciated. Tom

DS2500 pads for road and track use.

not very dusty at all on road use. Track use a bit dusty but not heavy metallic pain in the ass to clean kind of dusty

standard brembo discs are fine.

if you want better your goin to have to spend alot more money and more aggressive pads will eat discs.

I got the pads from camskill. Cheapest I could find pretty much they were about £130

the discs I bought from ace auto parts on eBay. Genuine brembo ones for £75 or something. Item number 390581095979

Tom, I'm going for standard setup when I replace mine in a couple of months time (they were fine for an evening track session at Donington last week with Castrol React fluid (admittedly only for 4/5 quick laps at a time)) My problem, what is "standard OEM"? Discs, Brembo obviously but are they the HC or standard discs as standard? My current original discs have a grey inner finish whereas the ones off eBay look to have a standard steel finish which will rust quicker. (Unless someone who has purchased them can tell me otherwise).

My current front OEM pads say Ferodo, Brembo and Renault on the backing plate! So who makes the OEM pads is a gamble, Ferodo or Brembo? I can buy directly from Renault but I refuse to be shafted by a 50% markup on prices.

My two pence

Status
Not open for further replies.