New brake disc

Reactions: sevenfourate
Despite what you think you see - I went past no lip buddy when painting. I went right upto the braking surface - but not over :smile:

I had the same thought as you about the pad cleaning it up. Didnt try it though !

If in doubt buy a roll of masking tape for about 50p....job sorted.

Reactions: Dazzer
brembo does an uncoated version of the HC as well as a coated version. no idea if the coating is any good.

brembo part number uncoated HC : 09.8904.10
brembo part number coated HC : 09.8904.11
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/...lio-iii-br0-1-cr0-1-2-0-16v-sport/000031527-1

I meant the actual disc surface rusting - as opposed to the hub (Which i think your talking about ?).

My current discs go fairly seriously orange at the first sign of water - and after cleaning the first dab of the brakes results in orange specs all over the freshly cleaned black wheels. Not a great look, however much i try to avoid too much water on the discs when washing........ :-(

Interesting info though. Cheers.

Oh god, everywhere I look I am haunted by Hammerite and rusty hubs! :fearscream:

But the nightmare will become a glossy black dream when all yours are done :smiley:

Any paint on the discs will come off with use of the brakes yeah, nothing to worry about really.

Shuv, my discs also get the coat of rust after the rain/washing - not noticed any spray onto the wheels though...

But the nightmare will become a glossy black dream when all yours are done :smiley:

Any paint on the discs will come off with use of the brakes yeah, nothing to worry about really.

Shuv, my discs also get the coat of rust after the rain/washing - not noticed any spray onto the wheels though...

I havn't really noticed too much Tangoing going on after raining - but i do now wash trying to get as little as possible on the discs........

Maybe your just not as anal as me. Jimmy ! Or maybe my unique scrub-it-in-sideways on the hand-brake; braking style doesn't help :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
I havn't really noticed too much Tangoing going on after raining - but i do now wash trying to get as little as possible on the discs........

Maybe your just not as anal as me. Jimmy ! Or maybe my unique scrub-it-in-sideways on the hand-brake; braking style doesn't help :smile:

Or maybe I'm not braking hard enough and need to give it a bit of stick sometimes :smiley:

Reactions: sevenfourate
They will rust. And it will be a big orange ball of rustiness believe me, despite the shiny appearance now......

Painting on the car is fine.......no need to remove. One side up at a time on axle stands etc - and coat the hub with black hammerite :smile:

IMG_4228_zps9h5yf0b1.jpg

IMG_4226_zpsf0ljhg7i.jpg

IMG_4233_zpsal4xm7cg.jpg
Do you need any particular Hammerite for heat etc?

***Sorry. Was early and at work when i replied originally.

I just used standard hammerite smooth. (Smoothrite).

I brushed mine on - but would spray equally as well im guessing :smile:

Looks great still and i expect it to last.