New 200.

Hey all.

I'm looking at getting a Clio 200 and its looking like its going to be a new one but i need help speccing it right.

I don't want to be spending a HUGE amount but i have to have Recaro's:smile:

Any suggestions on what is best to go for?

Also where do i find the full colour list for them? I've had a look on Renaultsport website but it doesn't say what there is.
I know AG is no longer available so that leaves LY, White, Black etc.....is Storm Grey still an option thats available?

Help.

Thanks in advance

Ash

Recaros and Speedlines are the only essential options IMO. Colour comes down to personal preference but IMO they stopped the best colours.

Depends on what your tastes are and what you plan on using the car for. If its an everyday car then you may wanna spec the car up more with the likes of bluetooth, sat nav, leather etc.
However if you just plan on using it as a weekend toy or for tracking/motorsport then you'll prefer the recaros and the cup chasis which gives you a quicker steering rack, lower ride height and stiffer dampers - then
2 items was a must have for me as a weekend car.
Theres several colours I wanted at the time of ordering mine like albi blue, alien green, storm grey and liquid yellow but it all comes down to what you fancy :smile:
Most people spec speedlines but I love the standard alloys which come in anthracite when you spec cup chasis :smile:
Although if I had my time again I would spec projectors as they totally transform the looks of the Clio and come standard in xenon/HID's

Last edited:
Azza pretty much has it spot on really.

Only 2 things i would say above and beyond that are:

1 - try the recaros before you buy them. some people dont like them and found the standard seats more comfortable.

2 - think about what you wanna do with the car in terms of any modifications before ordering the cup chassis. I say this because if you are planning on lowering it or putting coilovers on then u may as well save the 500 quid. I have just put the cup dampers and h&r springs on my non cup packed 200, and it seems to sit that bit lower than a cup packed car with the same springs. possibly cos the dampers are new and not bedded in with other springs, i dont know.

The quicker steering rack is a bonus, but to be honest, i have tried both now, and i much prefered it with the non cup 200 rack. The electric power steering in these cars is way too light, so steering felt even more floaty with the faster rack IMO.

Its a shame you cant specify individual parts of the cup pack to suit your likes. If you get the cup pack is also means you get 19 year old street racer red calipers LOL (personal hate)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Noddie i agree about the colours:-(
I always wanted Storm Grey and loved the AG so not 100% sure what to go for now.
Do you know what the entire colour range is that's available now?
I like the speedlines too but TBH i'm probably going to change the wheels anyway so thats not a massive factor for me.

AZZA & S22JGS, The car will get used a LOT for daily use, I probably do close to 20,000 miles a year, It will probably get a bit of track time too so I think its going to be the Cup chassis for me (Will be looking to change the suspension setup in the near future anyway).
I have ended up having red calipers on a lot of my cars lately, Not a huge fan of them but personally it's not a deal breaker:smiley:

Think i need to take one out for a test drive ASAP and get a feel for exactly where I need to be.
I used to have a 197 but got it 2nd hand so never had any of these troubles last time:lol:
I wasn't into trackdays last time so ended up with a FF Nimbus grey with standard interior etc. I always regretted getting rid of that one so i'm hoping that I won't notice a drop in power too much and enjoy the car as much as my last one.

Cheers all.

Ashley

Last edited:
If I was buying new, I would want:

- FF version (the standard kit is hugely worthwhile, and you get the better steering column adjustments)
- Non-Cup in the UK (I keep mine in France where the roads are brilliant, but in the UK the benefits are marginal, IMO)
- Standard Sports Seats (I couldn't get as comfortable in the Recaros - sat too high)
- Rear Parking Sensors (had these retro-fitted, and a really useful cheap option)
- AFAIK all the wheel choices are personal, but can all scuff easily.

Great cars, and I gather the next model may not have the same 'kudos'. However, initial depreciation is substantial - 1-2 year old examples may be better value.

I had the same dilemma recently...colour choice is now limited in the UK to Ultra Red, Racing Blue, Glacier White, Deep Black, Nimbus and Liquid Yellow and there are so many options I kept confusing myself!

I settled on Ultra Red with GT spoiler, cup chassis, black Speedlines, Bluetooth with RS Monitor and privacy glass. And then a virtually unused car with only 1,300 miles on the clock and with virtually that spec. came up for sale at Renault Leicester for £5500 less and I bought that instead.....

Good luck with those options!

Colours

White, RB OR LY

Cup chassis
Recaros
Speedlines

Extras if money available

Projectors
Cup spoiler- ignore the GT spoiler Fanboys :wink:

S

I'd buy second hand if I was you, unless you are getting it on finance.

Some good deals out there, and don't forget that the new MK4 RS clio is coming out at the end of this year (supposedly), so MK3 value will no doubt plummet.

I have taken a lot of the advice from you guys in and have now pretty much decided what i want to do.

I'm going to look at a 197 F1 in LY later this week.
Its up for £8000 but has not had the BIG service yet, this will be due in september. and is on 36000 miles......Does this sound reasonable to you all?
What would you pay?

Also want to look at a Nimbus F1 i have seen and this is up for £8250 but open to offers and is only on 20000 miles.
Also is a better spec.

Please help:smile:

Oh and how much (roughly) would the megane engine swap cost?

Cheers

Ash

I love my Storm grey and im even more happy knowing that you cant get that colour anymore.

I have had my car from new for 18 months and have still never seen another on the road

The only other colour i would concider is the liquid yellow. Looks awesome in the sun.

As for specs i would deffo have the black roof

I like the speedline wheels but i would have put the money to a set of comps now if i had the choice

Recaros are great

Std stereo is pooh IMO

Do whatever tickles your pickle mate......Oh and get a points card for Shell :lol:

I have taken a lot of the advice from you guys in and have now pretty much decided what i want to do.

I'm going to look at a 197 F1 in LY later this week.
Its up for £8000 but has not had the BIG service yet, this will be due in september. and is on 36000 miles......Does this sound reasonable to you all?
What would you pay?

Also want to look at a Nimbus F1 i have seen and this is up for £8250 but open to offers and is only on 20000 miles.
Also is a better spec.

Please help:smile:

Cheers

Ash

I'm sure someone on here can find you a car for that money on here!!
It will to be your spec,less miles and A1 condition.........

Similar Thread Suggestions